Happy Coworking Day! + The Global Directory of Women Owned Coworking Spaces

Happy Coworking Day to all of us. It’s hard to believe we are 12 years into this amazing ride. Thank you to everyone, across the world, who are changing lives and communities every day through your work. I have so much love for you.

Also, I wanted to say that Women Who Cowork has launched our website and updated the Global Directory of Women Owned Coworking Spaces. If you are a female founder and haven’t joined us, please do! We’d love to list you in our directory, you can fill out this form and we will add you.

Female operators, community managers and founders are all welcome to join our Facebook group, where we’ve got a great community of women sharing ideas and expertise.

And of course, we love our male founders, operators and community managers too! We invite you to like our FB page and follow our progress there.

Love to all!

Iris

This is great.

As I’m building the community for our space in small town Hinesburg, VT I’m noticing that fully 70% of our facebook fans are local women. That might be related to the use of facebook overall, and I think there’s more there. It’s great.

So, I’m noodling on having a future Pop-up Coworking Day that’s Women Only, maybe in October Here’s what were doing in 2 weeks http://vermontcoworking.eventbrite.com

What do you think? How might I approach this? Is this a good idea?

···

On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 7:48:35 PM UTC-4, Iris Kavanagh wrote:

Happy Coworking Day to all of us. It’s hard to believe we are 12 years into this amazing ride. Thank you to everyone, across the world, who are changing lives and communities every day through your work. I have so much love for you.

Also, I wanted to say that Women Who Cowork has launched our website and updated the Global Directory of Women Owned Coworking Spaces. If you are a female founder and haven’t joined us, please do! We’d love to list you in our directory, you can fill out this form and we will add you.

Female operators, community managers and founders are all welcome to join our Facebook group, where we’ve got a great community of women sharing ideas and expertise.

And of course, we love our male founders, operators and community managers too! We invite you to like our FB page and follow our progress there.

Love to all!

Iris

Congrats Iris!!! This is so great!!

Hi Wayne! Perhaps you can reach out to your Facebook followers to see if someone would be willing to help take the lead in developing a program specifically geared towards women?

It might be a nice opportunity for you to draw out potential leaders in your community, so you’re not doing it yourself!

Tony

···

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 10:06 AM, [email protected] wrote:

This is great.

As I’m building the community for our space in small town Hinesburg, VT I’m noticing that fully 70% of our facebook fans are local women. That might be related to the use of facebook overall, and I think there’s more there. It’s great.

So, I’m noodling on having a future Pop-up Coworking Day that’s Women Only, maybe in October Here’s what were doing in 2 weeks http://vermontcoworking.eventbrite.com

Love to all!

Iris

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Iris, I’m interested in your Facebook group! Both of the FB links you listed point to the FB page, though. Is there another link for the group?

Jen Luby

Dayhouse Coworking

HIghland Park, IL

Coming 2018

···

On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 6:48:35 PM UTC-5, Iris Kavanagh wrote:

Love to all!

Iris

Hi Jen-

I think FB won’t let me link the group, since it’s private. You can access the group via the FB page, look on the left nav and click on groups. Alternatively, search for the group or friend me on FB and I’ll add you!

Excited to have you join us.

Iris

···

On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 5:20:38 AM UTC-7, Jen Luby wrote:

Hi Iris, I’m interested in your Facebook group! Both of the FB links you listed point to the FB page, though. Is there another link for the group?

Jen Luby

Dayhouse Coworking

HIghland Park, IL

Coming 2018

On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 6:48:35 PM UTC-5, Iris Kavanagh wrote:

Love to all!

Iris

Generally, I would say that a women only event should be lead and organized by a woman. If it’s not, it’ll be off-putting :slight_smile:

Angel

···

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 8:13:52 AM UTC-6, [email protected] wrote:

This is great.

Love to all!

Iris

Hi-

I think it’s great that you have noticed the number of women who are interested in Coworking in your community, and I really like that you want to offer something to the women which will meet them where their needs are. What you’re doing with your back to school pop-up looks fun!

I agree with Tony and Angel that the effort to create such an offering would be best led by a woman of the community. I recommend reaching out to your biggest engagers who are women and offer this idea, with an ask for someone to lead the effort. When the woman/women step up to lead, you can then provide the infrastructure and support needed to make things happen, and the manpower to execute on their plans.

Best of luck! Would love to hear how it goes.

Iris

···

On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 10:22:20 AM UTC-7, Angel Kwiatkowski wrote:

Generally, I would say that a women only event should be lead and organized by a woman. If it’s not, it’ll be off-putting :slight_smile:

Angel

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 8:13:52 AM UTC-6, [email protected] wrote:

This is great.

Love to all!

Iris

Hello all;

TY for your great feedback. That's exactly what I was hoping to learn and it makes complete sense, minus the use of the word "manpower". Ha! :slight_smile:

Totally agree that I need help pulling this off.

Kindly,
Wayne
HinesburgHUB