Guest management system - coworking

Hi All,

I would be interested to here of some of your feedback in relation to how you manage and welcome guests into your coworking spaces.

At present, I am investigating different applications to help us to streamline the process. Currently, our guest management system is pretty basic and is not meeting our requirements (old fashioned pen and paper :slight_smile:

We are looking to digitalise the system whereby guests & members can log into the campus via a tablet providing such information as, their name, their company & who the are visiting (preferably from a drop-down directory) and a photo. The host will then receive a notification SMS/email etc. to inform them that they have a guest waiting for them at the reception, with a unique QR code. While the guest is waiting for their host they can read building rules, wifi code & emergency procedures, & sign NDA etc. Once the host arrives they greet their guest and scan the QR code to confirm that they are a genuine guest. Only when the QR code is scanned by the host will the system print a temporary badge or sticker which the guest must wear while in the building…

There would also need to be some form of check-out process, for example, the QR code could also be printed on the guest badge or stick which they can scan themselves when leaving the building.

Apologies for such a detailed post, but I would like to see if any of you have experienced such a system?

Regards

C.

I think we’ll be using envoy soon. There is welkio but that was just purchased by wework so I’m skeptical.

Kindest Regards,
Jenny Poon | founder of eeko studio & CO+HOOTS

Please excuse the brevity of my message. Sent by iPhone.

···

On May 10, 2017, at 2:05 AM, Cian Ryan [email protected] wrote:

Hi All,

I would be interested to here of some of your feedback in relation to how you manage and welcome guests into your coworking spaces.

At present, I am investigating different applications to help us to streamline the process. Currently, our guest management system is pretty basic and is not meeting our requirements (old fashioned pen and paper :slight_smile:

We are looking to digitalise the system whereby guests & members can log into the campus via a tablet providing such information as, their name, their company & who the are visiting (preferably from a drop-down directory) and a photo. The host will then receive a notification SMS/email etc. to inform them that they have a guest waiting for them at the reception, with a unique QR code. While the guest is waiting for their host they can read building rules, wifi code & emergency procedures, & sign NDA etc. Once the host arrives they greet their guest and scan the QR code to confirm that they are a genuine guest. Only when the QR code is scanned by the host will the system print a temporary badge or sticker which the guest must wear while in the building…

There would also need to be some form of check-out process, for example, the QR code could also be printed on the guest badge or stick which they can scan themselves when leaving the building.

Apologies for such a detailed post, but I would like to see if any of you have experienced such a system?

Regards

C.

–

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hey Jenny,

Yes, Envoy is good and you can expect a nice little integration with your backend very soon. :wink:

Cheers,

Miro M

···

On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 5:36:52 PM UTC+3, jenny at CO+HOOTS wrote:

I think we’ll be using envoy soon. There is welkio but that was just purchased by wework so I’m skeptical.

Kindest Regards,

Hi All,

Regards

C.

–

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

Thanks for your replies.

I had previously heard of Envoy, but I have never used it.

Are there any other systems or applications that people are using to monitor guests?

All feedback is greatly appreciated!

Regards

···

On Wednesday, 10 May 2017 14:08:14 UTC+2, Cian Ryan wrote:

Hi All,

Regards

C.

I’ve built a custom system that works that way:
New member and all members get a welcome kit that includes a personal badge with a QRcode, they have to scan for signin at the reception desk and that’s all. From my admin I can track when they step in the door and check if their membership have expired in addition to the notification service.

For the new member he will be welcome at the reception desk by making an apointment or if an employee is there.

Access to my coworking space will be by pin code at the lobby. I plan to open 24/7 for premium members that will have access to the front door by a RFID or NFC card other than 8AM to 5PM. Not sure yet as I will have to see if there are interested members and a certain amount of it.

I did want to use cobot or nexudus and other door access by app but I have a small coworking place and monthly fees won’t justify the spending.

···

On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 2:08:14 AM UTC-10, Cian Ryan wrote:

Hi All,

Regards

C.

Hi Miro,

Any integrations with other visitor management systems? We just discovered Who’s On Location, and it seems like we’ll be switching to that. It has employee sign in too, so it’s a nice workaround to sign in members from the same app.

···

On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 10:26:18 AM UTC+1, Miroslav Miroslavov wrote:

Hey Jenny,

Yes, Envoy is good and you can expect a nice little integration with your backend very soon. :wink:

Cheers,

Miro M

Kindest Regards,

Hi All,

Regards

C.

–

Hi. We’re been using Envoy at 2 locations for almost 2 years now and its been excellent.

The only issue, which has yet to be completely resolved, is the SMS notifications which often arrive in chinese characters.

Otherwise, the service rocks, their customer support is spot on and they continually upgrade the product.

I highly recommend it.

···

On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 7:08:06 PM UTC-3, Modupe Macaulay wrote:

Hi Miro,

Any integrations with other visitor management systems? We just discovered Who’s On Location, and it seems like we’ll be switching to that. It has employee sign in too, so it’s a nice workaround to sign in members from the same app.

Hey Jenny,

Cheers,

Miro M

Kindest Regards,

Hi All,

Regards

C.

–

Hey Modupe,

We don’t have immediate plans to integrate other solutions such as Who’s On Location but we’re always open for consideration. :slight_smile:

Usually, this kind of integration should be relatively easy and also, double as an extension. Please, keep me in the loop about your decision and we’ll see what we can do.

Thanks

···

On Friday, May 26, 2017 at 1:08:06 AM UTC+3, Modupe Macaulay wrote:

Hi Miro,

Hey Jenny,

Cheers,

Miro M

Kindest Regards,

Hi All,

Regards

C.

–

Hey Everyone!

I am with Spare to Share and wanted to say hello! We provide a full customizable community app for co-working spaces and have a visitor notification system.

Here’s how it works: when a visitor enters, they write their name, email and can enter in their number and company and additional details. It gets sent to your members as an email and as a mobile notification and the member can respond from there.

I’m happy to talk to anybody to see if we can help!

Thanks for reading,

···

On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 6:46:32 AM UTC-5, Miroslav Miroslavov wrote:

Hey Modupe,

We don’t have immediate plans to integrate other solutions such as Who’s On Location but we’re always open for consideration. :slight_smile:

Usually, this kind of integration should be relatively easy and also, double as an extension. Please, keep me in the loop about your decision and we’ll see what we can do.

Thanks

On Friday, May 26, 2017 at 1:08:06 AM UTC+3, Modupe Macaulay wrote:

Hi Miro,

Hey Jenny,

Cheers,

Miro M

Kindest Regards,

Hi All,

Regards

C.

–

Can someone provide some context as to why you need to alert members when they have guests? We’ve never managed this even being unstaffed and leave it to the members to provide instruction and greet their visitors. Is it a size of space thing?

Angel

···

On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 6:08:14 AM UTC-6, Cian Ryan wrote:

Hi All,

Regards

C.

We don’t use a visitor notification system because members just don’t have that many visitors. Plus, members usually like to meet them out front when they do arrive. If our space was larger and not staffed all the time then I could see it being worthwhile - maybe. I notice most of the time the person texts the member that they are meeting before then even arrive to notify them to meet.

I’m guess it’s mostly an expectation of your community. As more people go office heavy then amenities are a selling point and as companies get larger they might have more visitors. If I wanted to extend my community manager to cover 12,000 sf. st. from 5,000 sq. ft. then I could see this be helpful.

I would install visitor alerts as a reaction to the community needs versus anticipating it. If I can do things at a more personal level or empower the community to do things themselves then I go that route. The more the staff does for the members the more it feels like a commercial transaction. The more I empower the members to do things the more they treat the space as their own.