Grateful to join this group!

Hello fellow coworking enthusiasts,

I own/operate Soma Vida, a Wellness Coworking Community, in Austin, TX, especially designed to support the needs of wellness and creative entrepreneurs. We opened our doors back in 2008 when very few people understood the term “coworking” in Austin…and even less people understood our integration of wellness. So, I am so grateful to witness such growth, evolution and collaboration in this movement over the past eight years.

As a Somatic Psychotherapist, I am passionate about supporting the personal health and well-being of my members as well as their business success. And, this “wellness-centric” focus has helped support my personal wellness and work/life integration during my entrepreneurial journey as well. Yet, lately, I have really been craving more community with other coworking leaders and enthusiasts - so I feel that I’ve discovered this group at an ideal time! I look forward to hearing more about all of you and am here to share ideas, find inspiration and collaborate. If you are currently running a space with the values of health and wellness at the center of your model, I would love to connect with you and knowledge share.

In solidarity,

Laura

Welcome Laura!

For those of you who don’t know Soma Vida - wow - Laura has created a truly inspiring space in ATX; I was fortunate to visit a little while ago and Laura was incredibly generous with her time and advice. I’m starting a coworking + wellness space in Toronto called Shecosystem. We are a community without a space (better than being a space without a community) hoping to launch in Fall 2016.

Prompted by your post, I decided to go ahead and create a #wellness channel on the Coworking Leadership Slack https://coworkingleadership.slack.com/messages/wellness/ so we can open up the conversation!

···

On Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 4:15:44 PM UTC-4, Laura Shook wrote:

I own/operate Soma Vida, a Wellness Coworking Community, in Austin, TX, especially designed to support the needs of wellness and creative entrepreneurs. We opened our doors back in 2008 when very few people understood the term “coworking” in Austin…and even less people understood our integration of wellness. So, I am so grateful to witness such growth, evolution and collaboration in this movement over the past eight years.

As a Somatic Psychotherapist, I am passionate about supporting the personal health and well-being of my members as well as their business success. And, this “wellness-centric” focus has helped support my personal wellness and work/life integration during my entrepreneurial journey as well. Yet, lately, I have really been craving more community with other coworking leaders and enthusiasts - so I feel that I’ve discovered this group at an ideal time! I look forward to hearing more about all of you and am here to share ideas, find inspiration and collaborate. If you are currently running a space with the values of health and wellness at the center of your model, I would love to connect with you and knowledge share.

In solidarity,

Laura

Thank you, Emily! It was such a pleasure to sit with you and chat about our feminist, wellness values and how we integrate these into our coworking communities.

I will join the wellness Slack channel, what a great idea :slight_smile:

···

On Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 3:39:23 PM UTC-5, [email protected] wrote:

Welcome Laura!

For those of you who don’t know Soma Vida - wow - Laura has created a truly inspiring space in ATX; I was fortunate to visit a little while ago and Laura was incredibly generous with her time and advice. I’m starting a coworking + wellness space in Toronto called Shecosystem. We are a community without a space (better than being a space without a community) hoping to launch in Fall 2016.

Prompted by your post, I decided to go ahead and create a #wellness channel on the Coworking Leadership Slack https://coworkingleadership.slack.com/messages/wellness/ so we can open up the conversation!

On Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 4:15:44 PM UTC-4, Laura Shook wrote:

In solidarity,

Laura