Google Location Verification

Hi Everyone-

I searched among the topics and didn’t see anything about this (so forgive me if the topic is buried somewhere).

We provide business address options for our members. Just this week a member had a google location verification sent to our address (for search reasons, obviously). We already have the address on google and I’m wondering if the member verifies their location as the same as ours if that will create conflict? Maybe it’s not a big deal- but I’m not sure how this works. Do we just need to slightly vary everyone’s addresses?

Thoughts and/or how you’ve dealt with this would be helpful!

I think I read somewhere that it would affect you unless you use suite numbers for your members.

···

On Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 8:51:02 AM UTC-6, Kelly Fitzgerald wrote:

Hi Everyone-

I searched among the topics and didn’t see anything about this (so forgive me if the topic is buried somewhere).

We provide business address options for our members. Just this week a member had a google location verification sent to our address (for search reasons, obviously). We already have the address on google and I’m wondering if the member verifies their location as the same as ours if that will create conflict? Maybe it’s not a big deal- but I’m not sure how this works. Do we just need to slightly vary everyone’s addresses?

From what I’m told by a member that does SEO for NYSE and Rolling Stone Magazine, Gretchen is correct. That member was the motivation for me to go through the paperwork with the post office to be listed as a Commercial Mail Receiving Agency (CMRA) so we could offer unique addresses for the members that want them.

Technically, you can’t use the term “Suite” for a mailbox any longer unless there’s a physically space (office). The current approved USPS format is the number/pound sign (e.g. 122 E Patrick St #105) or PMB for Personal Mail Box (e.g., 122 E Patrick St PMB 105). Either of those should allow Google to treat the address as separate from your main address.

···

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Gretchen Bilbro [email protected] wrote:

I think I read somewhere that it would affect you unless you use suite numbers for your members.

Hi Everyone-

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Glen Ferguson

Cowork Frederick

122 E Patrick St

Frederick, MD 21701-5630

+1 (301) 732-5165

www.coworkfrederick.com

@CoworkFrederick

Huge help! I appreciate the clarity!

···

On Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 9:51:02 AM UTC-5, Kelly Fitzgerald wrote:

Hi Everyone-

Gretchen and Glen answered this well, but I just wanted to clarify. I run a search marketing company and we’ve had multiple coworking clients in the past. You definitely want to use suite numbers to differentiate the addresses, otherwise you run the risk of a duplication of the listings themselves (which can be a pain to remedy). You run the risk of this happening anyway because, well, Google isn’t perfect. I’ve seen addresses that are similar get meshed together and make a listing that appears in search results that is incorrect. While this is unavoidable with your members, make sure to keep an eye out for scenarios where the likelihood of duplication is higher. An example of this would be two separate businesses having no only a similar address, but a similar name as well.

Hope that helps!

Jared Carrizales

Founder - Heroic Search

http://heroicsearch.com
@JaredCarrizales

···

Hi Everyone-