Good Event Ideas

Hi all, We are just starting our cowork space now. what are some good events to have in the evenings as well as during the day.

Thanks,

Since you are starting: any event that will bring people that fit the kind of customer you want.

Most coworkers are freelance professionals or micro-companies, so do events that help them with their business and gain useful knowledge.

The format matters less than the content.

You can organize unconferences, hackathons, conferences, workshops, lunch discussions, eating and drinking events…

Once you have some coworkers you also have to apply the same logic to internal events, to learn about each other, connect, and find/give help.

Ramon Suarez
Author: http://coworkinghandbook.com

···

On Tuesday, May 13, 2014 7:48:45 PM UTC+2, KEDZ Business Development Centre wrote:

Hi all, We are just starting our cowork space now. what are some good events to have in the evenings as well as during the day.

Thanks,

Hi,

I agree with Ramon and I would say that there’s no good or bad events : there’s only events that fit to your community.

It could be sports, conference, pitch contests, barcamp, lunchs, etc.

I could have said that when there’s a good lunch, it’s always more friendly…but in fact that no would not be the true cause it’s is only true according to my 2 years experience organizing the Martinique Workatjelly Coworking. My community is not yours.

So I would say : learn from your community to determine the best events they would involve in and take part in according to their needs (networking, work, help, etc.)

Hope that will help,

Steve

Martinique Workatjelly Coworking

···

On Tuesday, May 13, 2014 1:48:45 PM UTC-4, KEDZ Business Development Centre wrote:

Thanks,