Getting Rooms Booked

Does anyone use anything other than Liquid Space to get their meeting rooms books so that they are not just sitting vacant?

I know a coworking space in Austin that has had success with Peerspace:

https://www.peerspace.com/venues/locations.

···

On Sunday, March 17, 2019 at 9:10:25 AM UTC-5, Toni Craig-Cox wrote:

Does anyone use anything other than Liquid Space to get their meeting rooms books so that they are not just sitting vacant?

Peerspace is a great option - particularly if you have a community manager or staff person who has time to respond quickly to inquiries. I also recommend doing some generic google searches to see which websites come up first for your city & the type of space you have.

So for example you can search “boardroom + city name” or “meeting space + neighborhood”. In Austin, peerspace is usually one of the top 2-3 listings, along with Liquidspace. But in other cities, it might be Yelp, or Craigslist, etc. Seeing which platforms get the highest results can help to figure out where to put your energy (and ad money if that is an option). And keep in mind, both Liquidspace and peerspace give higher performing spaces more SEO weight, so the other thing is to make sure you get good reviews.

Another option is to send share your meeting room details with local meeting professional associations, or office manager groups. If you let them know what is available the next time they have to plan an offsite, it makes their job easier. And if you know an office manager, maybe come have them tour the space and find out what they like / don’t like about your available rooms. Sometimes a small price change or adding a white board can make a room much more appealing to potential bookers.

HTH & good luck,

Felicity

fibercove - Austin, TX

···

On Sunday, March 17, 2019 at 7:14:25 PM UTC-5, Bonnie Luftig wrote:

Thank you Bonnie!

···

On Sunday, March 17, 2019 at 5:14:25 PM UTC-7, Bonnie Luftig wrote:

Thank you for the detail Felicity. I appreciate it.

···

On Monday, March 18, 2019 at 7:49:07 AM UTC-7, Felicity Maxwell wrote:

Peerspace is a great option - particularly if you have a community manager or staff person who has time to respond quickly to inquiries. I also recommend doing some generic google searches to see which websites come up first for your city & the type of space you have.

So for example you can search “boardroom + city name” or “meeting space + neighborhood”. In Austin, peerspace is usually one of the top 2-3 listings, along with Liquidspace. But in other cities, it might be Yelp, or Craigslist, etc. Seeing which platforms get the highest results can help to figure out where to put your energy (and ad money if that is an option). And keep in mind, both Liquidspace and peerspace give higher performing spaces more SEO weight, so the other thing is to make sure you get good reviews.

Another option is to send share your meeting room details with local meeting professional associations, or office manager groups. If you let them know what is available the next time they have to plan an offsite, it makes their job easier. And if you know an office manager, maybe come have them tour the space and find out what they like / don’t like about your available rooms. Sometimes a small price change or adding a white board can make a room much more appealing to potential bookers.

HTH & good luck,

Felicity

fibercove - Austin, TX

On Sunday, March 17, 2019 at 7:14:25 PM UTC-5, Bonnie Luftig wrote: