Fundraising ideas needed

So this is where I am. After receiving some great advice from a few people I have been working on gathering info on users like me that would be my customer base. Because I am a real estate broker I am always looking at property. I came across a 3500 sf historical house not far from where I live on a great intersection, priced under market and would be the first of its kind in the city. The interior looks great and is suitable for my intended use. I can get the mortgage loan. The problem is going to be getting the start up money for some exterior repairs, modest furniture and equipment. My niche/customer base is social enterprises. Trying to figure out ways I could raise the capital. I won’t be able to borrow any more money and I will be for-profit entity. Looking for low cost/no cost/ no family/ no friends options. Possibly organizations or foundations. Or even ideas to offer pre-paid rental of conference/meeting/event space. Open to suggestions.

Some few ideas of the top of my head.

Crowdfunding

Maybe also get in touch with someone at Springdale General to hear about how their journey was. Maybe they also had a fundraising round.

···

On Saturday, 10 November 2018 13:11:31 UTC+1, discoveryourpurpose8 With Brinda Devine wrote:

So this is where I am. After receiving some great advice from a few people I have been working on gathering info on users like me that would be my customer base. Because I am a real estate broker I am always looking at property. I came across a 3500 sf historical house not far from where I live on a great intersection, priced under market and would be the first of its kind in the city. The interior looks great and is suitable for my intended use. I can get the mortgage loan. The problem is going to be getting the start up money for some exterior repairs, modest furniture and equipment. My niche/customer base is social enterprises. Trying to figure out ways I could raise the capital. I won’t be able to borrow any more money and I will be for-profit entity. Looking for low cost/no cost/ no family/ no friends options. Possibly organizations or foundations. Or even ideas to offer pre-paid rental of conference/meeting/event space. Open to suggestions.

Hey Brinda,

Sounds like you're on the right track connecting with people like you! Next
step is getting them together to see if this is something they want to be a
part of. If they are, membership pre-sales is *exactly* how we funded the
equipment and other startup costs for our original location
<https://dangerouslyawesome.com/2011/09/how-to-fund-your-coworking-space/>,
and it's even how we've expanded multiple times over the years.

Your community is and will be your #1 asset, far more than the square
footage or the building!

-Alex

···

On Nov 10, 2018, 7:11 AM -0500, discoveryourpurpose8 With Brinda Devine < [email protected]>, wrote:

So this is where I am. After receiving some great advice from a few people
I have been working on gathering info on users like me that would be my
customer base. Because I am a real estate broker I am always looking at
property. I came across a 3500 sf historical house not far from where I
live on a great intersection, priced under market and would be the first of
its kind in the city. The interior looks great and is suitable for my
intended use. I can get the mortgage loan. The problem is going to be
getting the start up money for some exterior repairs, modest furniture and
equipment. My niche/customer base is social enterprises. Trying to figure
out ways I could raise the capital. I won’t be able to borrow any more
money and I will be for-profit entity. Looking for low cost/no cost/ no
family/ no friends options. Possibly organizations or foundations. Or even
ideas to offer pre-paid rental of conference/meeting/event space. Open to
suggestions.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Coworking" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Thanks Alex,

Great idea!

···

On Nov 12, 2018, at 12:25 PM, Alex Hillman [email protected] wrote:

Hey Brinda,

Sounds like you’re on the right track connecting with people like you! Next step is getting them together to see if this is something they want to be a part of. If they are, membership pre-sales is exactly how we funded the equipment and other startup costs for our original location, and it’s even how we’ve expanded multiple times over the years.

Your community is and will be your #1 asset, far more than the square footage or the building!

-Alex

On Nov 10, 2018, 7:11 AM -0500, discoveryourpurpose8 With Brinda Devine [email protected], wrote:

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

Thank you so much. I will look at both of those sites.

Brinda

···

On Nov 12, 2018, at 1:17 AM, Paul Henckel [email protected] wrote:

Some few ideas of the top of my head.

Crowdfunding

Maybe also get in touch with someone at Springdale General to hear about how their journey was. Maybe they also had a fundraising round.

On Saturday, 10 November 2018 13:11:31 UTC+1, discoveryourpurpose8 With Brinda Devine wrote: