Fitness rooms in coworking spaces

Hi all -

I’m curious, does anyone have a fitness room/facilities in their offices? I know many have showers plus gym membership perks, but I’m not seeing any with actual fitness rooms as part of the service.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin Whelan | Marketing Strategist

w: everspaces.com | tw: @kevincwhelan

Very interesting subject. It really depends on the size of the coworking space and the members.

What I did was a survey of members’ needs and suggested prioritizing them. I included a gym.

On average, 60% of active or overweight members requested a fitness room. Others do not care because they come mainly for work or physically they do not want to exercise.

It’s like a benefit to have it. This will bring more customers into your space in my opinion.

I wanted to organize a yoga class and fitness classes (paying fee to reward the teacher) on an entire floor but after reflection it might be too noisy (shouting and music) for my neighbors about yoga, there was obligation to have a minimum of members so that it can be taught.

Finally, I plan to set up a fitness or wellness room with home gym equipment (bike, running, weight …). including a place where they can meditate or practice yoga themselves early in the morning before starting work and included in the membership. The room will be equipped with second-hand equipment but reconditioned to avoid paying expensive. An upscale fitness room is located 5 minutes walk from my place and so my goal is not to compete but simply offer my members this little extra.

···

On Monday, January 29, 2018 at 6:55:31 AM UTC-10, Kevin Whelan — Everspaces wrote:

Hi all -

I’m curious, does anyone have a fitness room/facilities in their offices? I know many have showers plus gym membership perks, but I’m not seeing any with actual fitness rooms as part of the service.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Steve,

I agree that it could be a big draw for people to have some kind of fitness facility on-site, even if it’s just a few cardio machines and light weights.

I suppose it does depend on who you’re trying to attract and whether you have the room to allocate. A shower would be required as well, making it prohibitive to small spaces.

If you cater to high performers, for example, or people who work long hours, I can imagine they would appreciate the benefit of having a place on-site to get energized by a quick workout.

What’s your space called? Is the fitness room up and running yet? Is it attracting new members?

Kevin

Everspaces.com

···

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 12:35:47 AM UTC-5, steve suard wrote:

Very interesting subject. It really depends on the size of the coworking space and the members.

What I did was a survey of members’ needs and suggested prioritizing them. I included a gym.

On average, 60% of active or overweight members requested a fitness room. Others do not care because they come mainly for work or physically they do not want to exercise.

It’s like a benefit to have it. This will bring more customers into your space in my opinion.

I wanted to organize a yoga class and fitness classes (paying fee to reward the teacher) on an entire floor but after reflection it might be too noisy (shouting and music) for my neighbors about yoga, there was obligation to have a minimum of members so that it can be taught.

Finally, I plan to set up a fitness or wellness room with home gym equipment (bike, running, weight …). including a place where they can meditate or practice yoga themselves early in the morning before starting work and included in the membership. The room will be equipped with second-hand equipment but reconditioned to avoid paying expensive. An upscale fitness room is located 5 minutes walk from my place and so my goal is not to compete but simply offer my members this little extra.

On Monday, January 29, 2018 at 6:55:31 AM UTC-10, Kevin Whelan — Everspaces wrote:

Hi all -

Thanks in advance!