Finally got a space

Hi all,

Ok, some of you might remember me from decades ago… I tried to get something off the ground, then the building got swept from under me, same happened to the second and third building I was working on. But I never give up. So, now we have a new, smallish, building and we are moving ahead and I have got a couple of quick questions for you…

• I would like to offer online booking of space through our website. Have you got any suggestions on easy solutions (preferrably Wordpress based) that I can use? We are probably going to have 7 premium desks and then 8 less luxurious spaces every day from 9am until 6pm.

• I want to keep the whole thing open plan and it is not big, so any suggestions on how to meet with clients?

• And I need a solution for when people just want to be making a lot of calls. Again, suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

Arne

Use a CRM form integrated with your site or a tool like Cobot or Nexudus.

You have to make private meeting rooms, even if it is just one.

You can make individual rooms for calls but is not a must.

• I want to keep the whole thing open plan and it is not big, so any suggestions on how to meet with clients?

It sounds like you’ve got a pretty tiny space. Putting in a dedicated meeting space would mean carving out a chunk that you can pretty safely assume won’t be used 100% of the time.

Think creatively. How often are your members going to need to meet? What kind of client meetings? What do they actually need? Is there somewhere nearby that could be used for meetings, separate from the shared workspace?

• And I need a solution for when people just want to be making a lot of calls. Again, suggestions welcome.

Again, given the size of your space, I would think carefully about this. People who spend a lot of time on the phone can really struggle, and cause struggles, for other coworkers. We’ve gotten better (though we’re still not great) for people who spend time on the phone, but when people tour and ask about making phone calls, we suggest that if they have days where they know they’re going to be on the phone a lot that Indy Hall isn’t the best place for them to be. Instead, they come to Indy Hall on days where they know they’re going to spend less (or no) time on the phone.

That way when they’re here, they end up getting to enjoy Indy Hall a lot more, rather than being holed up in a phone booth all day.

···

/ah
indyhall.org
coworking in philadelphia

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 8:39 AM, Arne Hulstein [email protected] wrote:

Hi all,

Ok, some of you might remember me from decades ago… I tried to get something off the ground, then the building got swept from under me, same happened to the second and third building I was working on. But I never give up. So, now we have a new, smallish, building and we are moving ahead and I have got a couple of quick questions for you…

• I would like to offer online booking of space through our website. Have you got any suggestions on easy solutions (preferrably Wordpress based) that I can use? We are probably going to have 7 premium desks and then 8 less luxurious spaces every day from 9am until 6pm.

Thanks!

Arne

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.