Feedback/thoughts on Occupie Essensys

Hey! First time posting here. I’m looking for anyone who has used Occupie by Essensys in their coworking space. Wanting feedback on the usage ease, customer service, customization, etc.
Basically anything and everything. :slight_smile:

I know loaded question.

Thanks!

Jana,
I’m happy to talk through specifics with you. Have been using Occupie for 12 months now. First, customer service is outstanding - very responsive and helpful. The knowledge base (documented “how to’s”) is really top notch and they add content all the time.

Usage ease - this has been improved since our initial deployment and is now much more intuitive. Customization - love the capabilities.

They continuously look to improve the product. I’m looking to create more customized reports and I still have a lot to learn myself on workflows, so I’m not a CRM expert. (thankfully, i don’t need to be based on their Support team)

In short, excellent product and customer service.

Cheers

Wendy Spreenberg

LifeWorking Coworking

···

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 1:03:27 PM UTC-5, Jana Greer - Venture X wrote:

Hey! First time posting here. I’m looking for anyone who has used Occupie by Essensys in their coworking space. Wanting feedback on the usage ease, customer service, customization, etc.

I know loaded question.

Thanks!

Wendy,

Thank you for replying!

Have you only used Occupie or did you transfer from another software? As I understand it, Essensys just bought Hubcreate in 2016 that then became Occupie.
So pretty young for the newly formed company.

The cost seems so high verses other options. We are currently using Nexudus and have been super pleased with the services and software since implementation over a year and half ago.

The CRM is one thing that we were looking at–we recently started using Pipedrive and it can be integrated in with Nexudus (haven’t done it yet).

How do you find that the flow works for you and team? I’m primarily responsible for new members/leads etc. So this is important to me for comparison.

Do you all use all of their features ie network management, phone, door systems, etc?

···

On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 8:44:27 AM UTC-4, Wendy S. wrote:

Jana,
I’m happy to talk through specifics with you. Have been using Occupie for 12 months now. First, customer service is outstanding - very responsive and helpful. The knowledge base (documented “how to’s”) is really top notch and they add content all the time.

Usage ease - this has been improved since our initial deployment and is now much more intuitive. Customization - love the capabilities.

They continuously look to improve the product. I’m looking to create more customized reports and I still have a lot to learn myself on workflows, so I’m not a CRM expert. (thankfully, i don’t need to be based on their Support team)

Cheers

Wendy Spreenberg

LifeWorking Coworking

I know loaded question.

Thanks!

Hi Jana-

We use Occupie Operate (billing software), as well as Occupie Connect (phone and internet). We also used the software when it was HubCreate, and we have been so pleased with the changes that have been made since it has become an Occupie product. As Wendy said, the customer service is really what makes the difference for us. We have a lot of nuances and particular requests, and the development and leadership team at essensys is always willing to brainstorm with us and hear our ideas.

We actually converted all 26 of our locations to the Occupie Connect platform as a result of the positive relationship we developed with the team around the billing software. We are also looking at adding the CRM in 2018, so that all of our systems can speak the same language. We currently use Salesforce, so the Occupie CRM represents a pretty significant cost savings to us. The nice part about the software platforms is that there is not a big upcharge to add another product in the Occupie family once you already have one.

I’m happy to talk further about our experience!

Ashley Buckner

Carr Workplaces

···

On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 10:12:09 AM UTC-4, Jana Greer - Venture X wrote:

Wendy,

Thank you for replying!

Have you only used Occupie or did you transfer from another software? As I understand it, Essensys just bought Hubcreate in 2016 that then became Occupie.

The cost seems so high verses other options. We are currently using Nexudus and have been super pleased with the services and software since implementation over a year and half ago.

The CRM is one thing that we were looking at–we recently started using Pipedrive and it can be integrated in with Nexudus (haven’t done it yet).

How do you find that the flow works for you and team? I’m primarily responsible for new members/leads etc. So this is important to me for comparison.

Do you all use all of their features ie network management, phone, door systems, etc?

Jana,

Cheers

Wendy Spreenberg

LifeWorking Coworking

I know loaded question.

Thanks!

Ashely,

Thank you very much for replying!

So for your 26 locations, are they franchise or solely owned?

Do your locations’ members have access to the other locations as they travel? How does that translate within each space–looking the member up, charging day passes or other charges etc?

The price at $500 per space seems quite a bit verses other platforms. Do you feel like that cost is fully worth it?

···

On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 1:31:10 PM UTC-4, Ashley Buckner wrote:

Hi Jana-

We use Occupie Operate (billing software), as well as Occupie Connect (phone and internet). We also used the software when it was HubCreate, and we have been so pleased with the changes that have been made since it has become an Occupie product. As Wendy said, the customer service is really what makes the difference for us. We have a lot of nuances and particular requests, and the development and leadership team at essensys is always willing to brainstorm with us and hear our ideas.

We actually converted all 26 of our locations to the Occupie Connect platform as a result of the positive relationship we developed with the team around the billing software. We are also looking at adding the CRM in 2018, so that all of our systems can speak the same language. We currently use Salesforce, so the Occupie CRM represents a pretty significant cost savings to us. The nice part about the software platforms is that there is not a big upcharge to add another product in the Occupie family once you already have one.

Ashley Buckner

Carr Workplaces

Wendy,

Thank you for replying!

Jana,

Cheers

Wendy Spreenberg

LifeWorking Coworking

I know loaded question.

Thanks!

Yes, all 26 locations are owned by us, and our members do have the ability to access any location. Once a reservation is made in the calendar (regardless of location), the system recognizes the home center of the account and adds any overage charge to the invoice at the home center. And your team members can see all accounts or just accounts for their center - it’s just a matter of permission settings.

It makes things really easy for us, so it’s totally worth it.

···

On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 1:56:56 PM UTC-4, Jana Greer - Venture X wrote:

Ashely,

Do your locations’ members have access to the other locations as they travel? How does that translate within each space–looking the member up, charging day passes or other charges etc?

The price at $500 per space seems quite a bit verses other platforms. Do you feel like that cost is fully worth it?

Hi Jana-

Ashley Buckner

Carr Workplaces

Wendy,

Thank you for replying!

Jana,

Cheers

Wendy Spreenberg

LifeWorking Coworking

I know loaded question.

Thanks!

FYI. $500 is affordable to Carr likely because each of their spaces are large relative to a typical coworking space, and therefore $500 is a smaller % of the revenue.

Jerome

www.BLANKSPACES.com

···

On Aug 11, 2017, at 11:39 AM, Ashley Buckner [email protected] wrote:

Yes, all 26 locations are owned by us, and our members do have the ability to access any location. Once a reservation is made in the calendar (regardless of location), the system recognizes the home center of the account and adds any overage charge to the invoice at the home center. And your team members can see all accounts or just accounts for their center - it’s just a matter of permission settings.

Ashely,

Hi Jana-

Ashley Buckner

Carr Workplaces

Wendy,

Thank you for replying!

Jana,

Cheers

Wendy Spreenberg

LifeWorking Coworking

I know loaded question.

Thanks!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Ashley,

Thank you again for replying. We are a franchise and need to be able to have members be charged at other spaces and have that revenue go to that space.

Cost is a consideration as this is something we have as an expense for franchisees.

···

On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 2:53:39 PM UTC-4, Ashley Buckner wrote:

Ashely,

Hi Jana-

Ashley Buckner

Carr Workplaces

Wendy,

Thank you for replying!

Jana,

Cheers

Wendy Spreenberg

LifeWorking Coworking

I know loaded question.

Thanks!

Thanks Jerome,

Yes, Carr looks like its is mainly Executive Office spaces, where as we are coworking–flexible memberships (month to month) and private office 6-12 month agreement.

What software do you all use at Blankspaces?

···

On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 3:07:46 PM UTC-4, Jerome wrote:

FYI. $500 is affordable to Carr likely because each of their spaces are large relative to a typical coworking space, and therefore $500 is a smaller % of the revenue.

Jerome

www.BLANKSPACES.com

Ashely,

Hi Jana-

Ashley Buckner

Carr Workplaces

Wendy,

Thank you for replying!

Jana,

Cheers

Wendy Spreenberg

LifeWorking Coworking

I know loaded question.

Thanks!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

Hi! Still looking for some more feedback on Occupie. Are there any coworking franchises that use this software?

Thanks for your help!

···

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 2:03:27 PM UTC-4, Jana Greer - Venture X wrote:

I know loaded question.

Thanks!

I use MindBodyOnline.com. Many yoga and fitness studios use it. Publicly co, tablet and mobile phone apps. 24/7 support.

···

I only pay $165/mo for their top tier plan which makes it 67% cheaper than Essensys. Caveat: this doesn’t mean Essensys’ software doesn’t do more - it probably does.

FYI. I don’t think exec suites operate too differently than coworking in terms of # of months or billing.

Jerome

www.BLANKSPACES.com

On Aug 11, 2017, at 12:19 PM, Jana Greer - Venture X [email protected] wrote:

Thanks Jerome,

Yes, Carr looks like its is mainly Executive Office spaces, where as we are coworking–flexible memberships (month to month) and private office 6-12 month agreement.

What software do you all use at Blankspaces?

On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 3:07:46 PM UTC-4, Jerome wrote:

Jerome

www.BLANKSPACES.com

Ashely,

Hi Jana-

Ashley Buckner

Carr Workplaces

Wendy,

Thank you for replying!

Jana,

Cheers

Wendy Spreenberg

LifeWorking Coworking

I know loaded question.

Thanks!

Hi! If there are any other spaces that use Occupie by Essensys would you give me your feedback.

Thank you!

Thank you to those spaces who have responded to me privately. Feedback is so important on how software runs. If anyone else doesn’t want to make their info public please feel free to message me privately or email at [email protected]. Have a great day!!