Detroit's First Coworking Week!

Hey everybody.

My name is Isaac Gilman. I have posted once before on this forum, but overall love reading about all the great things happening around the coworking world.

I am the manager of a brand new coworking space in Detroit called Junction440. We opened last week and are super excited for the future of coworking in Detroit and all around.

In addition, over the last few months a number of coworking spaces have opened in the city, due to a major resurgence in entrepreneurial minded people. Coworking is fairly new to the city, but it has been around in other areas of Michigan for a number of years. In order to raise awareness about cowokring in Detroit, a few coworking spaces have gathered over the last few months to talk about creating a week long event highlighting coworking in the city.

I wanted to bring your attention to Detroit’s first ever coworking week, called Co-Lab Detroit. A number of different spaces are hosting lunch and/or evening events throughout the week. On Friday, we are all offering a free coworking day as well. We hope it will bring a lot of awareness to the idea of coworking and to highlight all the great spaces in the city.

Love to hear if others have done similar things, or what others think of the idea.

Isaac

Hi Isaac

I’m so happy for you. I’m in the Detroit area too and want to open up my own coworking space in the suburb of Detroit this year. I’m in the process of getting funding. I would love to get to together and make a plan to raise awareness about coworking in the Detroit area.

Angela Samuels

Founder of VisionaryMeetings.com

···

On Friday, January 17, 2014 5:50:26 PM UTC-5, Isaac Gilman wrote:

Hey everybody.

My name is Isaac Gilman. I have posted once before on this forum, but overall love reading about all the great things happening around the coworking world.

I am the manager of a brand new coworking space in Detroit called Junction440. We opened last week and are super excited for the future of coworking in Detroit and all around.

In addition, over the last few months a number of coworking spaces have opened in the city, due to a major resurgence in entrepreneurial minded people. Coworking is fairly new to the city, but it has been around in other areas of Michigan for a number of years. In order to raise awareness about cowokring in Detroit, a few coworking spaces have gathered over the last few months to talk about creating a week long event highlighting coworking in the city.

I wanted to bring your attention to Detroit’s first ever coworking week, called Co-Lab Detroit. A number of different spaces are hosting lunch and/or evening events throughout the week. On Friday, we are all offering a free coworking day as well. We hope it will bring a lot of awareness to the idea of coworking and to highlight all the great spaces in the city.

Love to hear if others have done similar things, or what others think of the idea.

Isaac

Hi Angela,

Shoot me an email at [email protected] and we can start talking! Would love to hear about your plan.

Best,

Isaac

···

On Monday, January 27, 2014 3:03:58 PM UTC-5, Angela Samuels wrote:

Hi Isaac

I’m so happy for you. I’m in the Detroit area too and want to open up my own coworking space in the suburb of Detroit this year. I’m in the process of getting funding. I would love to get to together and make a plan to raise awareness about coworking in the Detroit area.

Angela Samuels

Founder of VisionaryMeetings.com

On Friday, January 17, 2014 5:50:26 PM UTC-5, Isaac Gilman wrote:

Hey everybody.

Isaac

Hey Issac,

Congrats from another Michigan native. I help organize Denver Coworking Week and we are having kick-off brainstorming meetings for our second annual one in May later this month. I would love to connect to learn more about what you guys are doing, what worked, etc.

Craig

Thanks, man!

I just got an email from a guy in Boulder about a coworking week too! Great to hear. Would love to talk more about it and find out what you guys did. Shoot me an email at [email protected] so we can talk. Or send me your email. W/e works.

Isaac

···

On Monday, February 10, 2014 5:22:59 PM UTC-5, Craig Baute - Creative Density Coworking wrote:

Hey Issac,

Congrats from another Michigan native. I help organize Denver Coworking Week and we are having kick-off brainstorming meetings for our second annual one in May later this month. I would love to connect to learn more about what you guys are doing, what worked, etc.

Craig