Crowdsourcing ideas for the Ultimate Leasing checklist/procedure/strategies

Hello everyone,

We just opened a coworking space here in Wichita, KS where we remodeled and turned 10,000 square feet of previously empty office space into a coworking space with about 30 offices. We have 2-3 people in the community that are willing to do an exchange a couple of hours a day in exchange for office space. These folks have no experience leasing office space though. The one gal we worked a deal with we sent a friend to be a secret shopper of sorts, and she talked more about her own business and an mlm opportunity while showing the space than about us. So I realize i need to come up with some training/process for when I have someone else other than me showing the space.

I was wondering if anyone has put together any kind of a training document/checklist/procedure/list of questions for their staff in terms of leasing. I’ll be happy to gather up all the information and put something out to the group.

I’m also wondering if anyone has a similar arrangement worked out and if you offered your “volunteers” any leasing incentives.

Thanks,

Michael

Elevate Coworking

This is what i came up with so far, for people visiting for the first time.

• Introduce yourself and Welcome them to ___________Coworking space

• Have them fill out card with Name, Business, Email, Phone number.

• Offer them water, coffee or tea

• Share the story about our community, what makes us unique, and what we are intending to build here.

• Ask them how soon they want to move in and what size office they are looking for

• Show staged offices and different options

• Review plans that best meet their needs

• If they do not sign up right away, thank them and offer them a free day pass to try us out. Ask them when is good for us to follow up

When we were running the Impact Hub Bellevue, we ran most of the front desk with volunteer members. It was a 6 month position. People worked 4 hours a week or 8 hours a week at the front desk each week for 6 months. That gave them a 1/2 or full membership.

The process to become a “host” was one that involved an application, an interview and a training.

The offer of what was available was clearly spelled out, actually printed out on the hand out. If people were going to take a membership (floating desks), then they were given a information about the weekly tour and pointed to the webpage to sign up. They were also given a free-day coupon so they could come experience it. If they were signing up for an office, they were directed to the manager responsible for leases for a tour and a review of the needs.

Each 6 months, the cohort was rebuilt. There was overlap from time to time, but an effort to bring in new people each cycle was part of the process. People who under performed were not invited back into to be a host.

From time to time, a host needed to be replaced because of irregular behavior. But for the most part, this system seem to run reasonably smoothly.

···

John Sechrest . Need to schedule a meeting : http://sechrest.youcanbookme.com
. [email protected]
. @sechrest
http://www.oomaat.com .

Tony Bacigalupo has made a really great coworking community toolkit.

folder-structure-community-coworking-toolkit

A list of common legal documents for coworking spaces.

There’s a lease contract list in the annex of The Coworking Handbook (page 179).

···

On Sunday, September 30, 2018 at 11:52:44 PM UTC+2, Michael Ma wrote:

Hello everyone,

We just opened a coworking space here in Wichita, KS where we remodeled and turned 10,000 square feet of previously empty office space into a coworking space with about 30 offices. We have 2-3 people in the community that are willing to do an exchange a couple of hours a day in exchange for office space. These folks have no experience leasing office space though. The one gal we worked a deal with we sent a friend to be a secret shopper of sorts, and she talked more about her own business and an mlm opportunity while showing the space than about us. So I realize i need to come up with some training/process for when I have someone else other than me showing the space.

I was wondering if anyone has put together any kind of a training document/checklist/procedure/list of questions for their staff in terms of leasing. I’ll be happy to gather up all the information and put something out to the group.

I’m also wondering if anyone has a similar arrangement worked out and if you offered your “volunteers” any leasing incentives.

Thanks,

Michael

Elevate Coworking

• Share the story about our community, what makes us unique, and what we are intending to build here.
  • Ask them how soon they want to move in and what size office they are looking for
  • If they do not sign up right away, thank them and offer them a free day pass to try us out. Ask them when is good for us to follow up

Here is a better link for the community cultivator training we use at Cohered. Clearly trying to share via the app on my phone at 6am was a mistake!

More resources at https://diycoworking.com

···

On Sunday, September 30, 2018 at 3:52:44 PM UTC-6, Michael Ma wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thanks,

Michael

Elevate Coworking

Angela,

Thank you for sharing. This is a great resource and conversation starter for advisory members and evangelists.

···

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 10:12 AM, Angel Kwiatkowski [email protected] wrote:

Here is a better link for the community cultivator training we use at Cohered. Clearly trying to share via the app on my phone at 6am was a mistake!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rmg2hUbpGpQLFfgG1oZtsYmWdpyAr-AOOgGumOtv_Vs/edit?usp=sharing

More resources at https://diycoworking.com

On Sunday, September 30, 2018 at 3:52:44 PM UTC-6, Michael Ma wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thanks,

Michael

Elevate Coworking

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Richard Stuart
Ten Below Coworking
p:
(218) 464-9724
w:
10belowcoworking.org e: [email protected]