Croissant Payments

Hello - I’m wondering if any space owners here are using Croissant?

Croissant seems to take a monthly membership fee from members to use coworking spaces in their network by the hour. I can’t seem to find any information on how space owners get paid and what percentage they get. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Best!

-D

Hey David,

We do accept Croissant members at Creative Density. There aren’t many people that use it but we might get one a month or so. I believe it’s around $4 an hour that the space gets. I couldn’t find anything that would give me the exact number but it appears to be something like that based on my past payments. I find most Croissant members are here for 2 to 3 hours, basically a half day. They are usually from NYC where Croissant is based and traveling through Denver for a conference or vacation. I got my last check-in in September though so I’m not sure if it’s because traveling to Denver has drifted off for the season or Croissant is shrinking.

We personally see a lot more Deskpass members in Denver. I had five check-ins this week and Deskpass does a simple daily rate for the space and members. Deskpass members are usually locals that just want a more flexible coworking membership for their city then a specific place. It’s much like how people, like me, use ClassPass. We do get a traveler from other cities but that is maybe one out of 8 people. Also, since Deskpass for a flat daily rate vs an hourly rate the people linger and stay longer like normal members. This makes them more part of the community then someone that is seing the clock ticking by and it’s costing them money.

It’s too different approaches to a meta-membership.

Thanks for the info, Craig! That’s really useful.

Yeah, I hear you about how when people are being charged by the minute, they’ll less likely to strike up a conversation and get involved. I really like the comparison between Classpass and Deskpass.

···

On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 1:22:46 PM UTC-5, Craig Baute - Creative Density Coworking wrote:

Hey David,

We do accept Croissant members at Creative Density. There aren’t many people that use it but we might get one a month or so. I believe it’s around $4 an hour that the space gets. I couldn’t find anything that would give me the exact number but it appears to be something like that based on my past payments. I find most Croissant members are here for 2 to 3 hours, basically a half day. They are usually from NYC where Croissant is based and traveling through Denver for a conference or vacation. I got my last check-in in September though so I’m not sure if it’s because traveling to Denver has drifted off for the season or Croissant is shrinking.

We personally see a lot more Deskpass members in Denver. I had five check-ins this week and Deskpass does a simple daily rate for the space and members. Deskpass members are usually locals that just want a more flexible coworking membership for their city then a specific place. It’s much like how people, like me, use ClassPass. We do get a traveler from other cities but that is maybe one out of 8 people. Also, since Deskpass for a flat daily rate vs an hourly rate the people linger and stay longer like normal members. This makes them more part of the community then someone that is seing the clock ticking by and it’s costing them money.

It’s too different approaches to a meta-membership.