Coworking Space Business Plan - Hybrid Model - Introducing Ourselves (RCTV)

Hello Everyone,

My name is Manolis Sfinarolakis, the Founder & Creator of Reality Crowd TV (RCTV), a grassroots effort to create a Reality TV Show about Crowdfunding that will be Crowdfunded on Kickstarter.com. Pleasure to E-Meet you all.

Recently I came back from Atlanta, GA after doing a Mock Show / Panel Discussion on the Opportunity Hub located at 200 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA, and after that experience I realized that Coworking spaces are the most inspiring environments I have ever been in. The fact that entrepreneurs can come together in a shared space to grow their businesses together is exactly what America needs right now.

As I am just being introduced to the startup, incubator, and accelerator world through my endeavors in Crowdfunding, I am exploring options on how Coworking Business Plans work. I would like to share with you my own thoughts and would love your feedback.

To understand better where we are coming from, Reality Crowd TV is currently on a Nationwide Tour: http://www.meetup.com/realitycrowdtv/ as well as documenting our journey through our YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/realitycrowdtv.

Business Model Generation

• Mission Statement: To Inform, Educate, Inspire, and Motivate Entrepreneurs Worldwide to Start Small Businesses Through Crowdfunding, and to provide a Blueprint on How to Crowdfund.

• Unique Value Proposition: Reality Crowd TV Crowdfunding Content, Online University Classes, Hands On Business Development / Information Sharing all caught on tape.

• Hybrid Model: Coworking Space / University Based / Association Component

General Cost Assumptions

• Fixed Costs: Rent - Building, Rent - Furniture & Fixtures, Salaries, Insurance, Cleaning Services, Security Services

• Variable Costs: Utilities (electricity, heat, phone, internet, TV), Office Supplies, Catering Costs, Marketing, Kitchen Supplies, legal costs, general administrative

• Up Front Costs: Leasehold Improvements, Furniture & Fixtures, Prepaid Rent / Lease Related Fees, Stationary, Office Equipment, Broadcasting Equipment

Revenue Model Assumptions

• Membership Fees
  • Information Products
  • Education Projects
  • Special Events
  • Co-investment initiatives
  • Affiliate agreements

Where Do You Find Members?

• Meetup Groups

• Government Business Groups

• Government Agencies

• Existing Businesses

• Trade Associations

• Industry Organizations

• Entrepreneurial Festivals

• Crowdfunding Campaigners

• Social Media Networks

• Traditional Media Networks

• Business Listings Online

• Universities

• Community Colleges

• Churches

• Non-Profit Organizations

• Coworking Spaces, Incubators, Accelerators (Partnerships to Coshare members, not poach members)
    What Are The Value Added Services?

• Coworking space

• Utilities Included

• Business Services (Printer, Copy, Fax, Etc.)

• Unique Events

• Unique Crowdfunding Content

• Broadcasting / Pitch Videos

• Online University Content

• Networking Opportunities

• Hands on assistance with resident experts

• Community oriented / pool of interns for entrepreneurs

• Community oriented / promotional services for Crowdfunders

• Strategic Alliances with Vendors / Preferred Pricing

• Strategic Alliances with Other Coworking Spaces

• Strategic Alliances with Government Organizations

• Strategic Alliances with Non-profit Organizations

• Aggregating an ecosystem of resources already available into an easily usable format
    As I am currently in Connecticut, these ideas came to me simply by visiting 3 coworking spaces and through picking up the information they had available at each location. There is a heck of a lot more to the coworking space world and I would love some feedback and some assumptions that I am potentially missing, some lessons learned from starting your own coworking spaces, and some pitfalls that we should watch out for as we begin our journey to become part of the entrepreneurial ecosystem.

Kind Regards,

Manolis Sfinarolakis

203-232-2462

I am in Chicago - home of several very cool shared space work environments. Think about adding chi-town to your meet up list.

Best wishes,

Royce Hood, Esq.
rhoodlaw.com

···

On Tuesday, March 4, 2014 6:04:53 PM UTC-6, Manolis Sfinarolakis wrote:

Hello Everyone,

My name is Manolis Sfinarolakis, the Founder & Creator of Reality Crowd TV (RCTV), a grassroots effort to create a Reality TV Show about Crowdfunding that will be Crowdfunded on Kickstarter.com. Pleasure to E-Meet you all.

Recently I came back from Atlanta, GA after doing a Mock Show / Panel Discussion on the Opportunity Hub located at 200 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA, and after that experience I realized that Coworking spaces are the most inspiring environments I have ever been in. The fact that entrepreneurs can come together in a shared space to grow their businesses together is exactly what America needs right now.

As I am just being introduced to the startup, incubator, and accelerator world through my endeavors in Crowdfunding, I am exploring options on how Coworking Business Plans work. I would like to share with you my own thoughts and would love your feedback.

To understand better where we are coming from, Reality Crowd TV is currently on a Nationwide Tour: http://www.meetup.com/realitycrowdtv/ as well as documenting our journey through our YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/realitycrowdtv.

Business Model Generation

• Mission Statement: To Inform, Educate, Inspire, and Motivate Entrepreneurs Worldwide to Start Small Businesses Through Crowdfunding, and to provide a Blueprint on How to Crowdfund.
  • Unique Value Proposition: Reality Crowd TV Crowdfunding Content, Online University Classes, Hands On Business Development / Information Sharing all caught on tape.
  • Hybrid Model: Coworking Space / University Based / Association Component

General Cost Assumptions

• Fixed Costs: Rent - Building, Rent - Furniture & Fixtures, Salaries, Insurance, Cleaning Services, Security Services
  • Variable Costs: Utilities (electricity, heat, phone, internet, TV), Office Supplies, Catering Costs, Marketing, Kitchen Supplies, legal costs, general administrative
  • Up Front Costs: Leasehold Improvements, Furniture & Fixtures, Prepaid Rent / Lease Related Fees, Stationary, Office Equipment, Broadcasting Equipment

Revenue Model Assumptions

• Membership Fees
  • Information Products
  • Education Projects
  • Special Events
  • Co-investment initiatives
  • Affiliate agreements

Where Do You Find Members?

• Meetup Groups
  • Government Business Groups
  • Government Agencies
  • Existing Businesses
  • Trade Associations
  • Industry Organizations
  • Entrepreneurial Festivals
  • Crowdfunding Campaigners
  • Social Media Networks
  • Traditional Media Networks
  • Business Listings Online
  • Universities
  • Community Colleges
  • Churches
  • Non-Profit Organizations
  • Coworking Spaces, Incubators, Accelerators (Partnerships to Coshare members, not poach members)
    What Are The Value Added Services?
  • Coworking space
  • Utilities Included
  • Business Services (Printer, Copy, Fax, Etc.)
  • Unique Events
  • Unique Crowdfunding Content
  • Broadcasting / Pitch Videos
  • Online University Content
  • Networking Opportunities
  • Hands on assistance with resident experts
  • Community oriented / pool of interns for entrepreneurs
  • Community oriented / promotional services for Crowdfunders
  • Strategic Alliances with Vendors / Preferred Pricing
  • Strategic Alliances with Other Coworking Spaces
  • Strategic Alliances with Government Organizations
  • Strategic Alliances with Non-profit Organizations
  • Aggregating an ecosystem of resources already available into an easily usable format
    As I am currently in Connecticut, these ideas came to me simply by visiting 3 coworking spaces and through picking up the information they had available at each location. There is a heck of a lot more to the coworking space world and I would love some feedback and some assumptions that I am potentially missing, some lessons learned from starting your own coworking spaces, and some pitfalls that we should watch out for as we begin our journey to become part of the entrepreneurial ecosystem.

Kind Regards,

Manolis Sfinarolakis

203-232-2462