Coworking Research Study

Hello!

I am a researcher from Baylor University in Waco, conducting a study about the dynamics in coworking spaces, and I am writing to invite you and your members to participate! If you find this message appropriate to post on your message board, my team and I would greatly appreciate it!

We are specifically interested in how the interactions of coworking space members might affect productivity, well-being, and networking at coworking spaces around the US. For all who participate, you will be entered into a drawing for a $20 Amazon gift card (1 in 15 chance in winning), and maybe even more interesting, we will share the overall (aggregated) results of the study with all centers and members who participate once it is complete. Rest assured, all your responses will remain confidential. But if any one center has enough members participate, I will also share a more customized report with you regarding the current climate of your center.

If you want to know more, or to sign up, please click here to fill out a few questions about yourself:

https://baylor.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6fixqnpaw9jXRzL

After you complete this sign-up, you will be invited to complete a short baseline survey before the next study session begins. The next 10-day session will begin on Monday November 26th. During this time, you will be invited to answer just a few questions, 3 times throughout the day over 10 business days. If there are days during this time period where you don’t work at all, then you will be able to record that in the survey instead of answering questions about your work that day. Each of these check-in’s should take less than 2 minutes to complete.

If you have any contacts who are members at other coworking spaces (anywhere in the US), they would be welcome to participate as well. Just send them this link to get started. Or if you want to post this in any online groups geared at coworking, I welcome that help in spreading the word as well.

Thank you for considering this opportunity to help us learn more about coworking spaces! Please contact me at sara_…@baylor.eduwith any questions.

Best regards,

Dr. Sara Perry

(Posted by Dr. Perry’s Graduate Assistant)

I requested to take part in the study, but have not heard back. Any news?

···

On Monday, 26 November 2018 14:08:43 UTC-5, [email protected] wrote:

Hello!

I am a researcher from Baylor University in Waco, conducting a study about the dynamics in coworking spaces, and I am writing to invite you and your members to participate! If you find this message appropriate to post on your message board, my team and I would greatly appreciate it!

We are specifically interested in how the interactions of coworking space members might affect productivity, well-being, and networking at coworking spaces around the US. For all who participate, you will be entered into a drawing for a $20 Amazon gift card (1 in 15 chance in winning), and maybe even more interesting, we will share the overall (aggregated) results of the study with all centers and members who participate once it is complete. Rest assured, all your responses will remain confidential. But if any one center has enough members participate, I will also share a more customized report with you regarding the current climate of your center.

If you want to know more, or to sign up, please click here to fill out a few questions about yourself:

After you complete this sign-up, you will be invited to complete a short baseline survey before the next study session begins. The next 10-day session will begin on Monday November 26th. During this time, you will be invited to answer just a few questions, 3 times throughout the day over 10 business days. If there are days during this time period where you don’t work at all, then you will be able to record that in the survey instead of answering questions about your work that day. Each of these check-in’s should take less than 2 minutes to complete.

If you have any contacts who are members at other coworking spaces (anywhere in the US), they would be welcome to participate as well. Just send them this link to get started. Or if you want to post this in any online groups geared at coworking, I welcome that help in spreading the word as well.

Thank you for considering this opportunity to help us learn more about coworking spaces! Please contact me at sara…@baylor.eduwith any questions.

Best regards,

Dr. Sara Perry

I am currently writing a business plan for a co-working space that motivates the community to grow professionally. Does anyone have any templates or info they can share on their spaces. Maybe dos or donts. Thanks

···

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 8:29 PM Jamie Tyrell [email protected] wrote:

Hello!

Thank you for considering this opportunity to help us learn more about coworking spaces! Please contact me at sara…@baylor.eduwith any questions.

Best regards,

Dr. Sara Perry

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

I would be interested in that also! Trey

···

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 1:35 PM Trey Downes [email protected] wrote:

I am currently writing a business plan for a co-working space that motivates the community to grow professionally. Does anyone have any templates or info they can share on their spaces. Maybe dos or donts. Thanks

Hello!

Best regards,

Dr. Sara Perry

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

I will share anything that I get.

···

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 4:31 PM Jamie Tyrell [email protected] wrote:

Hello!

Best regards,

Dr. Sara Perry

Jamie & Trey - you already have access to the single richest pool of dos and don’ts for new coworking spaces on the planet…this email list!

The archives are a TREASURE TROVE of people working through challenges and mistakes, solving problems in public, and sharing their experiences/expertise.

Search, read, learn. Experiment and try. The most important “do/do-not” is to work on building your community before you even go looking for a space. Everything - the business model, the marketing, the assets/resources, even your funding - can all be different depending on WHO is in your community.

Which will be reinforced as you read through the archives of this group - the majority of the best answers are going to depend heavily on YOUR community, so spend at least as much time and energy researching them, and talking with them, and including them in your decisions, as you do here :wink:

-Alex

···

On Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 5:57:18 PM UTC-5, Trey Downes wrote:

I will share anything that I get.

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 4:31 PM Jamie Tyrell [email protected] wrote:

Hello!

Best regards,

Dr. Sara Perry