Coworking Printing Solutions

I purchased a Brother MFC printer for my members about half a year ago but we have now reached a membership level where the Brother printer isn’t cutting it. I am looking to purchase a larger industrial grade printer and have reached out to a few printer salespeople.

Does anyone have any good experience with this and can recommend me a large workgroup printer that is reliable and robust in features?

On this note - does anyone reccomend any software for member printing management? I have looked at PrintWithMe and Ezeep and am not sure what solution I am going to end up using.

Hi Michael,

I would suggest finding a local printing firm that care, as we have a great deal.

I have found that not many of our members require a printer at all. In fact, the facility is used on average by 5 members per month out of the 35 we have here. We have a reconditioned printer fit for a school, that was given to us for free by our local printing company. We pay them x amount per print (they can record this remotely), and we, of course, charge members for the luxury. This amount per print includes all of the toner, and when it is running low they send out the next toner.

Their aim is to get your future printing business as you grow your space, and they are putting an asset to use that has no value to them (the reconditioned printer). We have an old laptop that runs ezeep that links to our Nexudus account and auto bills everyone ontop of their monthly price plans.

Hope our case study helps.

Matt

···

On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 7:04:39 PM UTC, Michael Everts wrote:

I purchased a Brother MFC printer for my members about half a year ago but we have now reached a membership level where the Brother printer isn’t cutting it. I am looking to purchase a larger industrial grade printer and have reached out to a few printer salespeople.

Does anyone have any good experience with this and can recommend me a large workgroup printer that is reliable and robust in features?

On this note - does anyone reccomend any software for member printing management? I have looked at PrintWithMe and Ezeep and am not sure what solution I am going to end up using.

Thanks for the reply Matt. Have you had a good experience with Ezeep? I evaluated the software but have not got it fully up and running.

···

On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 1:12:28 PM UTC-5, Matt G wrote:

Hi Michael,

I would suggest finding a local printing firm that care, as we have a great deal.

I have found that not many of our members require a printer at all. In fact, the facility is used on average by 5 members per month out of the 35 we have here. We have a reconditioned printer fit for a school, that was given to us for free by our local printing company. We pay them x amount per print (they can record this remotely), and we, of course, charge members for the luxury. This amount per print includes all of the toner, and when it is running low they send out the next toner.

Their aim is to get your future printing business as you grow your space, and they are putting an asset to use that has no value to them (the reconditioned printer). We have an old laptop that runs ezeep that links to our Nexudus account and auto bills everyone ontop of their monthly price plans.

Hope our case study helps.

Matt

On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 7:04:39 PM UTC, Michael Everts wrote:

We have a Lexmark networked printer on a lease. Many people say not lease but the benefit is that 1) when I need toner, it is already included in my lease and 2) any issues, including technical are covered. Our printer does printing, copying and scanning. We don’t have fax on it.

We pay 0.03 per B/W page and 0.09 color. We don’t charge for printing UNLESS someone is going to print a large number of prints. Luckily our members that do that, do come to us first to inform us. We just charge them our cost for printing.

With that said, look at the number of members you have and what their needs may be. If you have private offices, some of those people may just bring in a local printer.

···

On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 1:04:39 PM UTC-6, Michael Everts wrote:

Hi all. I agree w/ leasing these copier/printers. Once you have it, no one can imagine without it.

You might want to see about renegotiating the B/W pages. Since 2008, I’ve paid <$0.01. Color at $0.09 is ok, but possible to get slightly below that. I have 2 Ricoh Aficio MFP’s. Much better than our Konica.

···

JEROME CHANG**

talk to us: (323) 330-9505

chat w/ us: http://www.BLANKSPACES.com/chat

WEST: Santa Monica | 1450 2nd St (@Broadway)

CENTRAL: Mid-Wilshire | 5405 Wilshire Blvd (2 blocks west of La Brea)

EAST: Downtown | 529 S. Broadway, Ste 4000 (@Pershing Square)

On Feb 28, 2017, at 8:14 AM, [email protected] wrote:

We have a Lexmark networked printer on a lease. Many people say not lease but the benefit is that 1) when I need toner, it is already included in my lease and 2) any issues, including technical are covered. Our printer does printing, copying and scanning. We don’t have fax on it.

We pay 0.03 per B/W page and 0.09 color. We don’t charge for printing UNLESS someone is going to print a large number of prints. Luckily our members that do that, do come to us first to inform us. We just charge them our cost for printing.

With that said, look at the number of members you have and what their needs may be. If you have private offices, some of those people may just bring in a local printer.

On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 1:04:39 PM UTC-6, Michael Everts wrote:

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.