Coworking in Fairfax, Virginia, USA - looking for partners

Hi everyone. I have been a member of the group for quite sometime. Reading more than commenting. Now I have a good reason to comment:

One of the investment groups I work with has purchased a mixed-use office building in Fairfax, Virginia, USA. Fairfax is very near Washington, D.C. and is considered one of the highest income areas in the USA. There is a critical mass of Technology, Government and Finance sectors there.

One idea we are considering is setting up a coworking business within this office building. I’d like to see if there are any existing coworking groups that might be interested in collaborating with us in investing in, setting up and running a coworking business there.

I’d appreciate any feedback or ideas. Feel free to email me directly as well.

Sincerely,

Boyd R. Jones

[email protected]

www.linkedin.com/in/BoydJones

Hi, Boyd,

Here is the Coworking WIki page on DC: http://wiki.coworking.org/w/page/16583778/CoworkingWashingtonDC. This ought to give you at least some leads on who to talk to locally.

We do not yet have an Open Coworking Partner for DC for me to refer you to alas. But i do know that a number of people work with new spaces to develop community and get them off to a flying start. Conjuctured does, Cohere does or did, Creative Density does or did, and I am fairly certain that Tony Bacigalupo will have even mroe good ideas about this when he gets pinged after I hit the send button. :slight_smile:

Welcome, and have fun!

Cheers,

Jeannine

Thanks a million, Jeannine!

A few people have reached out to me and I’ll follow up with some of the leads up relate below.

Boyd

[email protected]

P.S. Please anyone feel free to reach out to me if any of your coworking developments need investor support – not promising anything but some of my investors from China and Taiwan are expressing interest in coworking…

···

On Monday, August 31, 2015 at 5:39:37 AM UTC-4, Jeannine van der Linden wrote:

Hi, Boyd,

Here is the Coworking WIki page on DC: http://wiki.coworking.org/w/page/16583778/CoworkingWashingtonDC. This ought to give you at least some leads on who to talk to locally.

We do not yet have an Open Coworking Partner for DC for me to refer you to alas. But i do know that a number of people work with new spaces to develop community and get them off to a flying start. Conjuctured does, Cohere does or did, Creative Density does or did, and I am fairly certain that Tony Bacigalupo will have even mroe good ideas about this when he gets pinged after I hit the send button. :slight_smile:

Welcome, and have fun!

Cheers,

Jeannine

No problem, Boyd, it’s what we are for. :slight_smile:

If your connections have connections in China and Taiwan, can I just say that for the Coworking WIki I am actively looking ofr partners and associates and general contacts in Asia at the moment? It’s part of the Big Plan for this coming year.

So if you (or anybody!) want to return the favor, drop me a line at Jeannine @ Opencoworking.org.

Cheers,

Jeannine

···

On Wednesday, September 2, 2015 at 10:18:43 PM UTC+2, Boyd Jones wrote:

Thanks a million, Jeannine!

A few people have reached out to me and I’ll follow up with some of the leads up relate below.

Boyd

boy[email protected]

P.S. Please anyone feel free to reach out to me if any of your coworking developments need investor support – not promising anything but some of my investors from China and Taiwan are expressing interest in coworking…

On Monday, August 31, 2015 at 5:39:37 AM UTC-4, Jeannine van der Linden wrote:

Hi, Boyd,

Here is the Coworking WIki page on DC: http://wiki.coworking.org/w/page/16583778/CoworkingWashingtonDC. This ought to give you at least some leads on who to talk to locally.

We do not yet have an Open Coworking Partner for DC for me to refer you to alas. But i do know that a number of people work with new spaces to develop community and get them off to a flying start. Conjuctured does, Cohere does or did, Creative Density does or did, and I am fairly certain that Tony Bacigalupo will have even mroe good ideas about this when he gets pinged after I hit the send button. :slight_smile:

Welcome, and have fun!

Cheers,

Jeannine

Hey Boyd,

Do you have any updates on this project?

Sajid

···

On Sunday, August 30, 2015 at 8:06:56 PM UTC-4, Boyd Jones wrote:

Hi everyone. I have been a member of the group for quite sometime. Reading more than commenting. Now I have a good reason to comment:

One of the investment groups I work with has purchased a mixed-use office building in Fairfax, Virginia, USA. Fairfax is very near Washington, D.C. and is considered one of the highest income areas in the USA. There is a critical mass of Technology, Government and Finance sectors there.

One idea we are considering is setting up a coworking business within this office building. I’d like to see if there are any existing coworking groups that might be interested in collaborating with us in investing in, setting up and running a coworking business there.

I’d appreciate any feedback or ideas. Feel free to email me directly as well.

Sincerely,

Boyd R. Jones

[email protected]

www.linkedin.com/in/BoydJones