Coworking Gift Cards

Since the holiday season is fast approaching, I was curious if anyone has experience with offering Gift Cards for day passes / memberships at your space? Several of the payment services (i.e Square) have a gift card option and research supposedly shows that offering gift cards can boosts sales / customer engagement.

Anyone have a success story in the gift card area? Or is giving the “gift of coworking” something that just doesn’t translate to little plastic cards?

Thanks!

Felicity

Partner

fibercove, inc.

coworking * meetings * events

fibercove.com

Hi Felicity,

To answer your question, last December I posted on our social media what a great gift for your entreprenuer/freelancer a gift certificate to our coworking space would be. We got a lot of ‘likes’ but no purchases. :). At that point our space wasn’t as well known or popular as it is now, and just rasing awareness was still an uphill battle. Even though we had no take up, I think i’ll do it again: it is a unique and quirky idea for services (as was our little meme about it) that is consistent with our brand anyway, and I think it is a fun way to get the word out. Also, if you are independent/locally-owned, you can play into the ‘buy local’ themes that many cities and shopping districts embrace. I don’t think we’ll go the plastic card route however.

Good luck and I look forward to hearing more about what you do and how it works!

Sabrina

Plymouth Cowork/THINQTANQ

···

On Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 2:37:24 PM UTC, Felicity Maxwell wrote:

Since the holiday season is fast approaching, I was curious if anyone has experience with offering Gift Cards for day passes / memberships at your space? Several of the payment services (i.e Square) have a gift card option and research supposedly shows that offering gift cards can boosts sales / customer engagement.

Anyone have a success story in the gift card area? Or is giving the “gift of coworking” something that just doesn’t translate to little plastic cards?

Thanks!

Felicity

Partner

fibercove, inc.

fibercove.com

I’m actually thinking about pursuing this idea for our coworking space. I’d love to get some insights if this tactic is applicable for coworking spaces. :slight_smile:

James - A Clean and Well-Lighted Place for Work (www.acleanplace.PH), Philippines

···

On Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 10:37:24 PM UTC+8, Felicity Maxwell wrote:

Thanks!

Felicity

Partner

fibercove, inc.

fibercove.com