Courses To Offer Members

I am new as the director of our coworking space and we are currently looking for classes to offer our members for free or at a charge to non-members. There are so many classes out there and we are looking for a variety. We are willing to pay for the courses or course series. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

What type of members does your space tend to attract?

My members are solopreneurs so I’ve seen a LOT of engagement around courses and content aroudn the following topics:

SEO Basics for People who Should Understand SEO but Don’t

Writing Proposals (This one is huge) and Organizing Your Offerings

Pricing for Service-Based Businesses

Social Media - More specifically, how to build a following on specific platforms, like “How I grew to 10,000 followers on Instagram without paying for followers or hiring anyone”

If you give me a better idea of your members I can help you with some content ideas that might be more relevant to them.

Best,

Margo

···

Margo Aaron

Get on my self-proclaimed popular newsletter here.

WHAT IS HAMYAW

Margo, Thank you so much! Our base is primarily start-up entrepreneurs and small businesses looking to grow. I like the broad topics such as Social Media marketing growth and writing proposals. Do you have more information about classes for any of your recommended topics?

···

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 10:41 AM Margo Aaron [email protected] wrote:

My members are solopreneurs so I’ve seen a LOT of engagement around courses and content aroudn the following topics:

Social Media - More specifically, how to build a following on specific platforms, like “How I grew to 10,000 followers on Instagram without paying for followers or hiring anyone”

If you give me a better idea of your members I can help you with some content ideas that might be more relevant to them.

Best,

Margo

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 11:36 AM Exchange Events [email protected] wrote:

I am new as the director of our coworking space and we are currently looking for classes to offer our members for free or at a charge to non-members. There are so many classes out there and we are looking for a variety. We are willing to pay for the courses or course series. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Margo Aaron

WHAT IS HAMYAW

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

I do, what type of “more infomation” are you looking for?

FWIW I would steer away from broad topics and getvery specific with the class titles. Having a class on “social media marketing” IMO is an indicator that you will learn nothing. Having a class on “Instagram Ad Sales” or “Building an Instagram Following” is way more compelling and likely going to be a more productive class.

MTC.

• M
···

Margo Aaron

WHAT IS HAMYAW

This is really helpful actually…must run some of these as lunchtime talks! :+1:

Emer Powell

···

On Mon 4 Feb 2019, 4:41 PM Margo Aaron, [email protected] wrote:

Best,

Margo

Margo Aaron

WHAT IS HAMYAW

Do you charge a fee to non-members attending the classes? If so, how much? If not, why not?

···

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, February 4, 2019 3:19 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Coworking] Courses To Offer Members

Emer Powell

Best,

Margo

Margo Aaron

WHAT IS HAMYAW

Non-members are not allowed to attend our classes. We’re strict about this. But if your’e openning this to the public I see no reason not to charge.

Price based on (a) the offer (b) the geographic region you’re in. People who live in Manhattan are used to spending more than someone in Kansas on these offerings, it’s just how the market forces play out.

···

Margo Aaron

WHAT IS HAMYAW

I’ll chime in since we hold a number of events here regularly.

We have lunch & learns every 1st and 3rd Thur monthly, $10 for non-members, free for members, we publicize on our own events calendar but run the RSVP through Meetup.

We hold pitch and advise sessions once a month, pitch your biz plan or pivot etc and get feedback, a ‘‘poor man’s advisory board’’ if you will. We ask for anywhere between $10 and $20 depending on how much wine and food we provide. We publicize that the same way as the lunch & learns.

And we run Fireside Chats here every other month cuz I’m the director for the local Startup Grind-x chapter, those can be from $15 to $20 for the public, and either free or 1/2 price to our own members, depending…We also put on a sustainable enterprise conference every October, but that is very different from the regular events we run out of our own space. We rent a larger venue nearby for that, and everyone pays the same ticket price regardless of whether you’re a coworking member or not (it’s too big and too expensive to give away free tickets to members, at least for that event).

···

Alejandro Moreno S.
Cofounder/VP VenturePad

SEC Marin Organizer
415-488-6069

LinkedIn Twitter

We do not currently charge non-members but that’s only because we haven’t had any substantive content. In the past we have just been offering panel discussions about broad business topics. These aren’t effective for our growth so we want to start courses which are free or discounted for members and outsiders have to pay. I’ve been looking at Udemy and Skillshare but we aren’t really at a place for spending that kind of money for the courses. We are just trying to ramp up a program to offer courses. I’ve also found a lot of free courses on the SBA website but don’t know how good they are.

···

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 9:53 AM Wendy [email protected] wrote:

Do you charge a fee to non-members attending the classes? If so, how much? If not, why not?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, February 4, 2019 3:19 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Coworking] Courses To Offer Members

Emer Powell

Best,

Margo

Margo Aaron

WHAT IS HAMYAW

We have training about building your CEO brand on LinkedIn that we could make available. Would that be interesting to your members?
We also have some training about prospecting, building relationships and being seen as a thought leader on LinkedIn.

···

Judy Schramm
ProResource, Inc.

*~~~~~*

LinkedIn Branding Experts

Get your free ebook: LinkedIn Personal Branding for Tech CEOs & Leaders

Can we help you? Schedule a 15-minute chat

P: 703-824-8482

C: 703-216-0460

![](https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B1_VMPTgrbrUQ2pVRnpTZGtRSTQ&revid=0B1_VMPTgrbrUd1JVaEY1YlB3YmxEN2hwaTdYeUhRWjJONUw4PQ) [Judy Schramm](http://www.linkedin.com/in/judyschramm)

</details>

We have various events and workshops throughout the year. We’ve partnered with orgs like the SBDC (Small Business Development Center) and SCORE Mentors to offer some, others have been taught by members or other people in the community.

We recently also launched an Online Business Accelerator (taught by my husband and business partner) that we offer at a steep discount to coworking members. It’s also available for other coworking spaces! And we’ll be launching an affiliate program soon so spaces can make a little profit when one of their members signs up. The program includes training material and a weekly group coaching session.

···

On Monday, February 4, 2019 at 8:36:51 AM UTC-8, Exchange Events wrote:

Hey, Aloma, that online course is perfect for Included.co, you might want to look at offering it there.

Also, +1 for SCORE, I used SCORE heavily in my early days as an entrepreneur and I think everybody should. An amazing, underutilized resource.

···

On Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 10:40:00 PM UTC+1, Aloma Loren wrote:

We have various events and workshops throughout the year. We’ve partnered with orgs like the SBDC (Small Business Development Center) and SCORE Mentors to offer some, others have been taught by members or other people in the community.

We recently also launched an Online Business Accelerator (taught by my husband and business partner) that we offer at a steep discount to coworking members. It’s also available for other coworking spaces! And we’ll be launching an affiliate program soon so spaces can make a little profit when one of their members signs up. The program includes training material and a weekly group coaching session.