I believe that we cannot “reimagine the office” without rethinking caregiver support.
If we truly want to enable the return of all workers to any workplace, the way we think about supporting caregivers needs to change just as drastically too.
In this post I share a few actionable ideas (for all budgets) to try help workspaces provide some support for local caregivers who want to return to offices, but can’t.
In short, they are:
1. Make your workspace accessible and caregiver-friendly.
2. Seek out and partner with local qualified providers.
3. Arrange a share of resources or responsibilities internally.
4. Bringing childcare support in a few days a week or month.
5. Adding full time childcare support as a full-time amenity.
Are you aware of any other great examples of flex workspace operators taking steps to support care givers?