Community Manager job descriptions

Good morning Coworkers! I’m creating a job description for a community manager and would like to know if anyone out there has written one and would like to share the main components!

I will then in turn, share mine when it is completed!

Stay tuned for more from our new coworking space, OfficeSlice, aiming to open January 1 here in Sherman Oaks in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Judy
Officeslice
www.officeslice.co

Thanks Paige! I appreciate the help!

I have been working with someone to help get this launched, but the lawyers and such need me to write a job description, etc.

Will let you know how this shapes up!

I suggested on the wiki to start a page about job descriptions since Coworking will be creating new jobs and will need descriptions!

Have a great day,
Judy

···

On Monday, November 5, 2012 9:14:23 AM UTC-8, Judy Santos wrote:

Good morning Coworkers! I’m creating a job description for a community manager and would like to know if anyone out there has written one and would like to share the main components!

Stay tuned for more from our new coworking space, OfficeSlice, aiming to open January 1 here in Sherman Oaks in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles.

Judy
Officeslice
www.officeslice.co

Thanks, Paige! We are working on applying for a loan now and they want to see job descriptions. This was VERY helpful!

All the best,
Jessie Rymph

Works Progress

Ellie’s Coworking + Childcare

···

On Monday, November 5, 2012 3:22:53 PM UTC-8, Paige Calvert wrote:

Hi Judy,

I am the Community Curator at CoWork Jax in Jacksonville, FL… I have pasted the initial job description for the position below.

I’d like to point out that while “What you’ll be doing” (tasks) takes up most of the description below, the key paragraph is “What we’re looking for”. I’ve been lucky to work with a team that understood the importance of the Community Curator position and has allowed it to evolve as our community (internal and external), and my aspirations for it, has grown.

Hope this helps. Looking forward to hearing more about your impending launch.

Paige Calvert

@paigecalvert

coworkjax.com

CoWork Jax means a lot more than just a place to get work done. It’s a place brimming with innovation and creation, a place where like-minded people come to work, to collaborate, to grow their businesses. Jacksonville is full of the creative, the inspired – a whole generation ready for change and transformation. We simply created a place for the community to come together and we are looking for the right person to help us make it the best coworking community around.

What we’re looking for

We’re looking for someone who’s smart, responsible and well-connected to the local community to help manage the CoWork Jax | Downtown coworking space. The ideal candidate will be passionate about entrepreneurship, enjoy meeting and networking with freelancers, entrepreneurs, startups and small businesses. He or she should understand the concept and value of coworking. The Community Curator will act as the right-hand person to the Founder/CEO, helping create a culture focused on supporting members and helping grow their businesses. Additionally, this role will handle day-to-day operations of the space, field requests from vendors and partners, create events and programs for members, and help lead our intern program. This is a very entrepreneurial position with potential to grow into a greater role as CoWork Jax grows. The right candidate will be involved in many aspects of the company and join CoWork Jax as a key member of the team.

What you’ll be doing

Community Connector & Member Liaison

Support and facilitate the development and implementation of plans to support and grow the CoWork Jax community at large.

As the Community Curator, you will help members of the CoWork Jax community make connections they need to help grow their business.

Respond to inquiries from new and current members via phone, email, fax, courier pigeon, and all that social media stuff.

Be a great communicator and wonderful people person - online, in person and everything in between.

Have a positive, entrepreneurial attitude. We’re going to have fun here and hope you do too.

Marketing Related Items

Assist in the development and management of marketing related items for CoWork Jax, including but not limited to: social media, events, press-related items, guerrilla marketing promotions and blog writing.

In collaboration with the Founder, develop and implement “member features” as part of the CoWork Jax marketing efforts.

Think of and implement new ways to promote CoWork Jax as the best coworking space - and have fun while doing it. :slight_smile:

Operations and Organizational Items

Open the CoWork Jax | Downtown space each morning & prepare it for members

Administer our budget, work with the Founder to provide monthly reporting

Assist in organization and planning of events

Manage procurement of all office supplies; negotiate with vendors and manage vendor relationships.

Identify and implement new ways for CoWork Jax to become more efficient.

What we think we need

This role will be a very critical piece of our small, but fast-growing, team. We think it’s important to have at least the following skills:

Good communicator: written, in person, on the phone, and via web conferencing.

Experience with professional & trade organizations such as AIGA, JAMA, AAF, NFPRSA, IIDAFLA, SMPS, AIA, FICPA, etc. - wheew, that’s a lot of acronyms. :slight_smile:

Good general business knowledge and practical understanding of marketing, management and finance/accounting.

Practical knowledge of Google Apps, Microsoft Office or other such business tools.

Punctual, professional, fast-learning, and entrepreneurial; self-starter that works well in a fast-paced, start-up environment.

What we offer

We’re a growing startup, but we’ve got some great things and we hope that you’ll help us figure out even more:

Salary with bonus

Healthcare Plan (which you may even help us pick out)

Stock Options

An absolutely great place to work

If you’re ready to rock, email your resume and cover letter, shoot a video, design a billboard, take a picture, or whatever you’d like to do to impress us and send it to [email protected]. We’ll get back to you to talk about what the next steps will be.

On Monday, November 5, 2012 12:14:23 PM UTC-5, Judy Santos wrote:

Judy
Officeslice
www.officeslice.co

Paige -
That description was very helpful. Thanks for posting

Katie Maxwell
Cowork Memphis

···

On Monday, November 5, 2012 5:22:53 PM UTC-6, Paige Calvert wrote:

Hi Judy,

I am the Community Curator at CoWork Jax in Jacksonville, FL… I have pasted the initial job description for the position below.

I’d like to point out that while “What you’ll be doing” (tasks) takes up most of the description below, the key paragraph is “What we’re looking for”. I’ve been lucky to work with a team that understood the importance of the Community Curator position and has allowed it to evolve as our community (internal and external), and my aspirations for it, has grown.

Paige Calvert

@paigecalvert

coworkjax.com

CoWork Jax means a lot more than just a place to get work done. It’s a place brimming with innovation and creation, a place where like-minded people come to work, to collaborate, to grow their businesses. Jacksonville is full of the creative, the inspired – a whole generation ready for change and transformation. We simply created a place for the community to come together and we are looking for the right person to help us make it the best coworking community around.

What we’re looking for

We’re looking for someone who’s smart, responsible and well-connected to the local community to help manage the CoWork Jax | Downtown coworking space. The ideal candidate will be passionate about entrepreneurship, enjoy meeting and networking with freelancers, entrepreneurs, startups and small businesses. He or she should understand the concept and value of coworking. The Community Curator will act as the right-hand person to the Founder/CEO, helping create a culture focused on supporting members and helping grow their businesses. Additionally, this role will handle day-to-day operations of the space, field requests from vendors and partners, create events and programs for members, and help lead our intern program. This is a very entrepreneurial position with potential to grow into a greater role as CoWork Jax grows. The right candidate will be involved in many aspects of the company and join CoWork Jax as a key member of the team.

What you’ll be doing

Support and facilitate the development and implementation of plans to support and grow the CoWork Jax community at large.

As the Community Curator, you will help members of the CoWork Jax community make connections they need to help grow their business.

Respond to inquiries from new and current members via phone, email, fax, courier pigeon, and all that social media stuff.

Be a great communicator and wonderful people person - online, in person and everything in between.

Have a positive, entrepreneurial attitude. We’re going to have fun here and hope you do too.

Marketing Related Items

Assist in the development and management of marketing related items for CoWork Jax, including but not limited to: social media, events, press-related items, guerrilla marketing promotions and blog writing.

In collaboration with the Founder, develop and implement “member features” as part of the CoWork Jax marketing efforts.

Think of and implement new ways to promote CoWork Jax as the best coworking space - and have fun while doing it. :slight_smile:

Manage procurement of all office supplies; negotiate with vendors and manage vendor relationships.

What we think we need

This role will be a very critical piece of our small, but fast-growing, team. We think it’s important to have at least the following skills:

Experience with professional & trade organizations such as AIGA, JAMA, AAF, NFPRSA, IIDAFLA, SMPS, AIA, FICPA, etc. - wheew, that’s a lot of acronyms. :slight_smile:

Good general business knowledge and practical understanding of marketing, management and finance/accounting.

Practical knowledge of Google Apps, Microsoft Office or other such business tools.

Punctual, professional, fast-learning, and entrepreneurial; self-starter that works well in a fast-paced, start-up environment.

What we offer

We’re a growing startup, but we’ve got some great things and we hope that you’ll help us figure out even more:

Salary with bonus

Stock Options

If you’re ready to rock, email your resume and cover letter, shoot a video, design a billboard, take a picture, or whatever you’d like to do to impress us and send it to [email protected]. We’ll get back to you to talk about what the next steps will be.

Judy
Officeslice
www.officeslice.co

Dear

It would be great if you could share with me the job description of Hub Manager for a coworking company. Actually i am also employed at a coworking space providing company at Delhi and i want the job description of Hub Manager.Kindly share if you have.

Thanks & Regards

Swati

···

On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 6:02:25 AM UTC+5:30, Jessie wrote:

Thanks, Paige! We are working on applying for a loan now and they want to see job descriptions. This was VERY helpful!

All the best,
Jessie Rymph

Works Progress

Ellie’s Coworking + Childcare

On Monday, November 5, 2012 3:22:53 PM UTC-8, Paige Calvert wrote:

Hi Judy,

Paige Calvert

@paigecalvert

coworkjax.com

What we’re looking for

What you’ll be doing

Marketing Related Items

What we think we need

What we offer

Salary with bonus

Stock Options

Judy
Officeslice
www.officeslice.co

I’ve been looking for the same thing and stumbled across this one at Workbar in Boston:
http://info.workbar.com/careers-spacecommunitymgr

Rik Ahlberg

Creative Commons of Provincetown

http://commonsptown.org