Community Building

We are looking for some good ways that coworking spaces are creating a community atmopshere.

Any ideas on events, projects or anything else that helps to integrate the community in coworking spaces would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

I think it’s really good that you’re looking to build community, but any suggestion someone here might offer should be viewed as a guideline, not as prescriptive. The most important thing for you to build community depends on what your space/area/city needs. Ask yourself “What is my geographic area missing?” then do that.

For the Labor Party:

• Have collaborative art exhibits on Wichita’s gallery crawl nights (here’s an example)
  • Host local bands over the lunch hour, and then post a video of them on our website
  • Host indie film makers, Women Who Code Hackathons, DevICT (our local developer meetup), Code and Coffee
···

On Monday, July 14, 2014 7:31:29 AM UTC-5, Beau Walters wrote:

We are looking for some good ways that coworking spaces are creating a community atmopshere.

Any ideas on events, projects or anything else that helps to integrate the community in coworking spaces would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

My business plan includes coworking (besides music and language services).

From this forum and related sites I’ve learnt that the ideal way is to build the community first, open the space after.

Also in this forum there are stories of taking five months to build the community.

For particulars of my business I need to open before growing the community.

For developing the community afterwards I am planning:

• jellies at my site

• fliers at the right places

• personal contacting fellow or potential coworkers I already know

• promotional prices, including zero euros for up to three months (maybe part-timers only)

Particular to my business:

• being a good multidisciplinary leader at the site

Anyway, that’s what my business plan says:-) Hope it’s of some use.