Commision on Memberships?

I am offering the founder of a large online community a free desk in my space and we are exploring ways we can tie up our two communities.

The idea of a commission structure for members she brings in to the space has come up and I was wondering if anyone is doing this and how you structured it?

Two avenues I’ve thought of are:

• one time payment of 10% of members’ sign up package - ie sign up at $500 per month, she gets $50.

• ongoing % of membership given as commission.

any other ideas?

cheers

Michaela

For what it’s worth:
Search Office Space referrals leads to exec suites and others. Their deal is 10% of up to the first 12 months.
JEROME CHANG

WEST: Santa Monica
1450 2nd Street (@Broadway) | Santa Monica CA 90401
ph: (310) 526-2255

CENTRAL: Mid-Wilshire
5405 Wilshire Blvd (2 blocks west of La Brea) | Los Angeles CA 90036
ph: (323) 330-9505

EAST: Downtown
529 S. Broadway, Suite 4000 (@Pershing Square) | Los Angeles CA 90013
ph: (213) 550-2235

···

On Oct 28, 2014, at 8:48 PM, Michaela Anchan [email protected] wrote:

I am offering the founder of a large online community a free desk in my space and we are exploring ways we can tie up our two communities.

The idea of a commission structure for members she brings in to the space has come up and I was wondering if anyone is doing this and how you structured it?

• one time payment of 10% of members’ sign up package - ie sign up at $500 per month, she gets $50.

any other ideas?

cheers

Michaela

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

In Belgium the comission that business centers pay is 10 to 15 ‰ of the first year or the life of the contract.

For simple referrals, I have generally paid (and gotten paid) the first month’s rent, whatever it may be.

For locations for whom I handle the administration and so on on an ongoing basis, we have an agreement based on a percentage, and the height of the percentage depends on how much I am doing and how much they are doing. At this moment the range is from 50% - 20% after costs.

Jeannine

···

On Wednesday, October 29, 2014 4:48:23 AM UTC+1, Michaela Anchan wrote:

any other ideas?

cheers

Michaela