Business Book or Magazine Club?

Denver Coworks, our local coworking alliance, is going to start a book club for our communities. I have been debating on whether to do a business book club or a business magazine book club where we discuss two or three features in magazines like Fast Company, Wired, Business Week, etc. The magazine club would be less time consuming for people, which I think is important. We tried the business book club and it fizzled out after a few months because of the time commitment.

Has anyone done a business book club or magazine club?

We did a Personal MBA book club but it fizzled quickly. People wanted to learn about business but don’t want to work hard to learn about business. They’d rather watch TED talks and other short videos.

···

Aaron Cruikshank

Principal, CRUIKSHANK

Phone: 778.908.4560

email: [email protected]

web: cruikshank.me

twitter: @cruikshank

book a meeting: doodle.com/cruikshank

linkedin: linkedin.com/in/cruikshank

On Jul 10, 2014 1:33 PM, “Craig Baute - Creative Density Coworking” [email protected] wrote:

Denver Coworks, our local coworking alliance, is going to start a book club for our communities. I have been debating on whether to do a business book club or a business magazine book club where we discuss two or three features in magazines like Fast Company, Wired, Business Week, etc. The magazine club would be less time consuming for people, which I think is important. We tried the business book club and it fizzled out after a few months because of the time commitment.

Has anyone done a business book club or magazine club?

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

We are going with the business case study idea based on community feedback. We have our first meeting Sept. 3rd and we are discuss the e-commerce strategy of Lucky Airlines in China, a free download from MIT’s Sloan School. We wanted to kick it off with a subject that no one was real familiar with so we had to really dig deep and use our strategy minds. It should be a lot of fun.

This sounds like a great idea. I’d love to know how it goes