Best data on coworking spaces?

Hi everyone. Nesta is trying to gather some data about the availability of coworking spaces in different European cities. Any thoughts about the best places to look? How comprehensive is the Deskmag/GCUC survey? All suggestions and comments gratefully received!

Thanks,

Chris Haley

Nesta…

1 Plough Place
			London
			EC4A 1DE

www.nesta.org.uk | Newsletter | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Magazine

···

This email and any attachments are confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. Any use, copying or disclosure other than by the intended recipient is unauthorised. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately via +44 (0)20 7438 2500 or by email to [email protected] and delete this message and any copies from your computer and network. The views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Nesta. Nesta is a company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales with company number 7706036 and charity number 1144091. Registered as a charity in Scotland number SC042833. Registered office: 1 Plough Place, London, EC4A 1DE.

Various people in this group should be able to help you, although since people may be on holiday they may not see this right away.
Try Steve King with Emergent Research; also Jean-Yves Huwart, Ramon Suarez at Betacowork, Jeannine @ Opencoworking.org.

···

On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 9:12:21 PM UTC+1, Christopher Haley wrote:

Hi everyone. Nesta is trying to gather some data about the availability of coworking spaces in different European cities. Any thoughts about the best places to look? How comprehensive is the Deskmag/GCUC survey? All suggestions and comments gratefully received!

Thanks,

Chris Haley

Nesta…

1 Plough Place
  		London
  		EC4A 1DE

This email and any attachments are confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. Any use, copying or disclosure other than by the intended recipient is unauthorised. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately via +44 (0)20 7438 2500 or by email to [email protected] and delete this message and any copies from your computer and network. The views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Nesta. Nesta is a company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales with company number 7706036 and charity number 1144091. Registered as a charity in Scotland number SC042833. Registered office: 1 Plough Place, London, EC4A 1DE.

Thank you, Sabrina. I have been travelling so am not as quick on the draw as I might have been. :slight_smile:

Hi Chris! What kind of information are you looking for? Do you want a listing, or are you looking for some deeper info?

Cheers,

Jeannine

···

On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 10:12:21 PM UTC+2, Christopher Haley wrote:

Thanks,

Chris Haley

Nesta…

1 Plough Place
  		London
  		EC4A 1DE

Christopher, what is Nesta hoping to get a better understanding of? Maybe we can help shed some light!

Tony

Projects: The Great Coworking Community Help-A-ThonCotivation

Connect: TwitterFacebookLinkedIn

···

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 11:01 AM, Christopher Haley [email protected] wrote:

Thanks,

Chris Haley

Nesta…

1 Plough Place
  		London
  		EC4A 1DE

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Jeannine (and thanks again Sabrina for the introduction) -

We’re looking for some measure of the availability of coworking spaces in different cities across Europe. Ideally, we’d like numbers of spaces in all the European capital cities, plus a handful of others (Barcelona, Munich, Cambridge, Oxford, Cologne, Stuttgart & Milan). I’m fairly relaxed about the definition of coworking space, as long as it’s reasonably consistent throughout and the spaces are available to startups on pretty simple terms. For our purpose, I think a count of the number of spaces would be sufficient, rather than total number of seats within those spaces.

I’ve seen coworkingmap.org and a few of the other directories, and wondered how these compared to the GCUC survey? This is ultimately feeding into an index for the European Commission, due out this October, so we want to use a data source which is credible, timely and likely still to be available if we repeat the exercise in the future.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Regards,

Chris

Nesta…

1 Plough Place
			London
			EC4A 1DE

···

Thank you, Sabrina. I have been travelling so am not as quick on the draw as I might have been. :slight_smile:

Hi Chris! What kind of information are you looking for? Do you want a listing, or are you looking for some deeper info?

Cheers,

Jeannine

Thanks,

Chris Haley

Hiya, Christopher,

I think the oldest and most likley to be around in future is, well, the Coworking Wiki; the trouble is that to pull the data from us (particularly wrt Europe) you will want to also follow the links on the Front Page to other directories, because of language and nation segmentation.

There is also Coworking News, Felix Schurholz is I think the man on that. He used to be very active here but I have not seen him lately; like all of us his activity here waxes and wanes.

The Coworking News Directory is also somewhat segmented in their case they are most active in relation to the developments around Free Coworking in all of its guises.

I dropped you a message through the NESTA site; it seems to me the best way to proceed if you want to use our resources might be to introduce you to our UK Associate, Anna Markwell.

Let me know!

Jeannine

···

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 5:53:10 PM UTC+2, Christopher Haley wrote:

Hi Jeannine (and thanks again Sabrina for the introduction) -

We’re looking for some measure of the availability of coworking spaces in different cities across Europe. Ideally, we’d like numbers of spaces in all the European capital cities, plus a handful of others (Barcelona, Munich, Cambridge, Oxford, Cologne, Stuttgart & Milan). I’m fairly relaxed about the definition of coworking space, as long as it’s reasonably consistent throughout and the spaces are available to startups on pretty simple terms. For our purpose, I think a count of the number of spaces would be sufficient, rather than total number of seats within those spaces.

I’ve seen coworkingmap.org and a few of the other directories, and wondered how these compared to the GCUC survey? This is ultimately feeding into an index for the European Commission, due out this October, so we want to use a data source which is credible, timely and likely still to be available if we repeat the exercise in the future.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Regards,

Chris

Cheers,

Jeannine

Thanks,

Chris Haley

Nesta…

1 Plough Place
  		London
  		EC4A 1DE