Are you the Founder of a rural or tiny coworking space?

Liz,

I opened The Desk & Easel in Denison, TX, a town of just over 24k, in January of this year. I am located on Main Street and received active support from the Main Street Director as well as the Denison Development Alliance. I became a member then joined the board of the Downtown Denison Incorporated, DDI, a merchant association. We try to participate in all the Main Street/Downtown activities to build community with other business owners and the people who live in our area.

I’d be happy to answer any questions you have.

Wendy Acosta

www.deskandeasel.com

···

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Sunday, December 2, 2018 7:20 PM
To: Coworking
Subject: [Coworking] Re: Are you the Founder of a rural or tiny coworkingspace?

I’m looking to collect best practices in cowering as an economic development tool in rural/ small towns; can anyone recommend spaces to look at as models?

I’m particularly interested if the space has an active partnership with Main Street, economic dev’t, or entrepreneurship programs.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Liz,

Foundry Collective is a nonprofit whose mission is to create sustainable innovation hubs in small and rural communities. We have Corvallis Foundry, which at 50K population isn’t small but we’re looking to open in Lebanon, OR, population around 20K and Sweet Home, OR, population around 10K. We also collaborate with IndyCommons, LaunchPad Baker, Ignite La Grande, and Gaucho Collective, all in Oregon and all in small communities.

Happy to share info and I’d love to put together a virtual round table in the Spring about this topic.

In community,

Brad

···

Brad Attig
CEO at Foundry Collective
Phone 541.812.1911
Email [email protected]
Website www.corvallisfoundry.com

Check Out Our Upcoming Events for Small Businesses, Innovators, and Startups

Would like to be a part of discussion. Anyone with rural coworking has a success story to share?

···

On Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 9:53:33 PM UTC+5:30, Angel Kwiatkowski wrote:

Looking to highlight teeny, off the beaten path coworking spaces on Cohere’s blog. Who has set up coworking in a town of less than 25,000 or runs a space that is less than 1,000ft2? Ping me by Friday 1/30 at fccoworking at gmail.com

Angel

hello…your post is older, but is something I struggle with as we are also small. How did you make it work? What is the name of your space?

Hi, yes i put up a small coworking space inside a subdivision, now its operating for almost a year and a half years old. My space is about 100 sq.m only but i managed to put 4 private offices inside it, a small living area where you can hang out and have coffee, a tiny pantry and storage area. the space also has a reception area. we cater to a small community here in betterliving paranaque in the philippines. usually working moms come here. our occupancy for private office are start up businesses in the local community. if you want to see how our space looks like, you can also check it out here
shared spaces coworking pad check on google

hope this inspires you to start your own!