Are you the Founder of a rural or tiny coworking space?

Looking to highlight teeny, off the beaten path coworking spaces on Cohere’s blog. Who has set up coworking in a town of less than 25,000 or runs a space that is less than 1,000ft2? Ping me by Friday 1/30 at fccoworking at gmail.com

Angel

Hi there angel,

My town is not rural, but I am planning on launching a pilot coworking space which will be about 500 sq feet to validate the concept in my market. We will have 3 permanent desks and 11 flex desks. I am not sure if I qualify but I will send you an email. I am interested in the article myself looking forward to reading it!

~ Tabari

···

On Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 8:23:33 AM UTC-8, Angel Kwiatkowski wrote:

Looking to highlight teeny, off the beaten path coworking spaces on Cohere’s blog. Who has set up coworking in a town of less than 25,000 or runs a space that is less than 1,000ft2? Ping me by Friday 1/30 at fccoworking at gmail.com

Angel

Hey! I am totaly new to google groups, but interested in this thread. I am a landlord/entrepreneur in a small rural town in Virginia and have been letting folks use my building on Main Street as a coworking space rather than let it sit empty. Now I am trying to formalize membership agreements and pricing. Lots of work putting this together! Interested in reading about others who have succeeded. I think our small town could benefit from the community a coworking space could promote. --grayson

···

On Wednesday, January 28, 2015 at 6:59:40 PM UTC-5, Tabari Brannon wrote:

Hi there angel,

My town is not rural, but I am planning on launching a pilot coworking space which will be about 500 sq feet to validate the concept in my market. We will have 3 permanent desks and 11 flex desks. I am not sure if I qualify but I will send you an email. I am interested in the article myself looking forward to reading it!

~ Tabari

On Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 8:23:33 AM UTC-8, Angel Kwiatkowski wrote:

Angel

Hello!
I am researching coworking and came upon this site. I have been a freelancer, either full time or part time, since 1998. A graphic designer /art director by trade and artist in the space in between, I am always looking for new ideas in the freelance workplace. I once shared office space with a virtual agency owner and found the benefits to be both financial and social. I applied for a Mission Main Street Grant by Chase Bank to help grow my home-based design business by acquiring a building to offer rentable studio spaces to other designers and artists seeking a work community by like minded people. I did not get a grant but the idea is such that I can’t let go of it. I am looking into another place in a VERY small town that is trying to revive itself through their historical society. Historical buildings stand vacant interspersed with antique shops and several small businesses and restaurants. Located about 10 miles from a major urban area, this location would be perfect for those who are working professionals but REALLY don’t like working downtown, likely can’t afford a space downtown and find value in working away from home. I will try to reach you at your email address. Mine is [email protected]

···

On Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 11:23:33 AM UTC-5, Angel Kwiatkowski wrote:

Angel

I have a coworking space called Shhared (check it out on social media and our website shhared.co) and it’s in Hamburg, Germany. I’m interested in connecting.

···

On Tuesday, 27 January 2015 17:23:33 UTC+1, Angel Kwiatkowski wrote:

Angel

If you’re still looking Frontal Lobe fits this bill, let me know.

Fabrizio Tarara

Frontal Lobe Coworking

www.WorkFrontalLobe.com

···

Angel

Hello Everyone,

We have a small coworking space on the beautifull barrio of Santiago in the center of Mérida Yucatán Mexico. We have only 12 spaces and consider ourselfes a prototipe of a rural coworking space. Take a look at our community in www.nodocowork.com would love to have a hangout with someone of you guys. Here is my email [email protected]

Cheers!!!

···

El martes, 27 de enero de 2015, 10:23:33 (UTC-6), Angel Kwiatkowski escribió:

Angel

I’d love to hear more about smaller spaces. Our town is 12,000, looking to start a coworking space here and learning lots of great lessons from this list, thank you all.

Dave

···

Angel

I just opened a small coworking space in Brentwood PA ( a suburb of Pittsburgh) Bridge Coworking. Just over 1,000 ft with 10 flex desks, a small conference room and a private office. I am interested in discussing more with anyone doing anything similar.

Thomas

···

Angel

We are coworkingplus.net in Brattleboro, Vermont (12,000 people). We’re in planning stages at this point, talking with all of the usual three-letter acronym orgs about funding, space, etc. I’m the de facto person running things for now, lots of work ahead but I’ve done a small coworking space in Boston years ago, getting up to speed on the changes, this group is a fantastic resource that I haven’t even begun to tap. You’ll be hearing more from me as our plans progress. Happy to talk to anyone at this point about what we’re doing, learning about best practices, etc.

···

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Thomas M [email protected] wrote:

I just opened a small coworking space in Brentwood PA ( a suburb of Pittsburgh) Bridge Coworking. Just over 1,000 ft with 10 flex desks, a small conference room and a private office. I am interested in discussing more with anyone doing anything similar.
Thomas

Angel

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/coworking/y0IXFr0Plvs/unsubscribe.

To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Dave Evans
about.me/daveevans

Hi Angel - did the article run yet?

We are @ 1,100 ft2. In a developing village center in the suburbs outside Otlando in Windermere, FL.

Cynthia
ScribbleSpace.CO

Hi Angel,

I’m helping to open a small coworking space. Ok, we’re not rural, but Fayetteville, NC is not booming. It has a population of over 200,000, but it is a huge military town, the top employers are the U.S. Army, Walmart, Goodyear Tire, the City, and the local hospital and education systems. The independent/self-employed population is just around 2%. But the space will be the first in the region, and it will be small – it’s only about 1,300 square feet and we’re aiming to only open with about 25 (flexible) seats. We’ve just begun the process though and are holding a meeting next month to find out if there’s sufficient interest. Our website is fayettevillecoworking.com. So maybe you can talk to us once we’re up, or perhaps profile our journey to opening? My email is alicia at fayettevillecoworking dot com if you’re still interested!

Alicia

···

Angel

Hi all

Would love to set up a time to talk in real time. Join the slack group!

http://bit.ly/coworking-slack

Channel #small-city-strategies

Maybe on the regular fourth Friday we can meet to chat?

···

On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 9:34:37 AM UTC-7, Alicia Hurst wrote:

Hi Angel,

I’m helping to open a small coworking space. Ok, we’re not rural, but Fayetteville, NC is not booming. It has a population of over 200,000, but it is a huge military town, the top employers are the U.S. Army, Walmart, Goodyear Tire, the City, and the local hospital and education systems. The independent/self-employed population is just around 2%. But the space will be the first in the region, and it will be small – it’s only about 1,300 square feet and we’re aiming to only open with about 25 (flexible) seats. We’ve just begun the process though and are holding a meeting next month to find out if there’s sufficient interest. Our website is fayettevillecoworking.com. So maybe you can talk to us once we’re up, or perhaps profile our journey to opening? My email is alicia at fayettevillecoworking dot com if you’re still interested!

Alicia

Angel

That link doesn’t work.

Dave

···

On Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 5:54:56 PM UTC-4, Tabari Brannon wrote:

Hi all

Would love to set up a time to talk in real time. Join the slack group!

http://bit.ly/coworking-slack

Channel #small-city-strategies

Maybe on the regular fourth Friday we can meet to chat?

On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 9:34:37 AM UTC-7, Alicia Hurst wrote:

Hi Angel,

Alicia

Angel

Hi, Angel,
Just saw this come up on the discussion again. I run a 920 sq. foot coworking space in Butte, Montana. I’ve been told this concept is too progressive for this town of 32,000. My promotion has mostly been educating others on the concept itself. So far, they think it’s great but nobody is wanting to commit-not even to a free day of coworking. Any similar stories?

···

On Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 9:23:33 AM UTC-7, Angel Kwiatkowski wrote:

Angel

Hi Angel (and other co-working entrepeneurs)
I’ve just converted my office in Mullumbimby Australia into a dedicated co-working space – 3 spaces: the “gallery” (6 x 9m) has 4 desks and a long table, a small meeting room, and a carpeted lounge area with sofas, low table and cushions. Mullumbimby village has a population approx. 3500 and is about 15 minutes drive into the hinterland from Byron Bay (a popular east-coast tourist destination). The overall population for this coastal region is about 29000.

At this stage I’m not too sure how successful my operation will be. Byron itself has two co-working enterprises that I know of… and in one instance their customer base is boosted by the organisation’s primary business as a start-up incubator (it’s also attached to a cafe in a busy light industry zone).

I’m told that “most coworkers are looking for a bustling vibe, a cafe atmosphere” but I’m hoping that there are others (like me) who prefer a quiet focussed work environment… so I’m prepared to wait it out. The building is spacious, light, airy and quiet - you’d think you were in the hills but actually only 3-minutes walk to the town centre. It will appeal to digital creatives in general, and interstate/overseas workers (includes BNB). 40-mins from Gold Coast international airport and 90-mins from the city of Brisbane.

···

On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 03:23:33 UTC+11, Angel Kwiatkowski wrote:

Angel

Hi!

I’m the founder of a space that can hold up to 75 people and I think it’s important we all share and learn from each other’s experiences.

Regards,

Alex

···

On Tuesday, 27 January 2015 17:23:33 UTC+1, Angel Kwiatkowski wrote:

Angel

Hello rural and tiny coworking space owners!

It’s that time again–time for me to highlight 5 rural or tiny coworking spaces on my blog.

If your space has fewer than 50 members and less than 1,500 ft2 please email me the following if you have them and I’ll give you a gander:

-link to your website

-link to your facebook page

-a quote that answers the following question: what is the secret sauce of your community? What makes you special?

-ONE high rez image of your community in action

fccoworking at gmail dot com

Yay, can’t wait to learn all about you!

Angel

···

Angel

What if my “community in action” is me coming in and making coffee before I head out to try and network with people who might benefit from a coworking space?

···

On Mar 24, 2016, at 2:14 PM, Angel Kwiatkowski [email protected] wrote:

It’s that time again–time for me to highlight 5 rural or tiny coworking spaces on my blog.

If your space has fewer than 50 members and less than 1,500 ft2 please email me the following if you have them and I’ll give you a gander:

-link to your website

-a quote that answers the following question: what is the secret sauce of your community? What makes you special?

Angel

Angel

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

Sure! Take a selfie of that and let me know where you’re at in the process.

···

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 1:30:10 PM UTC-6, jflynn8 wrote:

What if my “community in action” is me coming in and making coffee before I head out to try and network with people who might benefit from a coworking space?

On Mar 24, 2016, at 2:14 PM, Angel Kwiatkowski [email protected] wrote:

-link to your website

Angel

Angel

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].