Approaching building owner to be coworking members v. having their own separate space

Hey there;

I’ve been working to get a coworking space off the ground for the past year or so. Recently, a new space popped back up on my radar screen as a possibility. As an architect models the potential layouts and member possibilities, I’m realizing something. If the building owners, who plan to inhabit a part of the space, were amenable to being members of the coworking space, or at least sharing the area they had reserved for them with the greater community, it would make the space work better for a variety of reasons, AND could benefit them with cross-pollination, innovation, etc.

So, they might not pay a membership, or a smaller fee, and have access to all the programming, snacks, coffee, etc. that the coworking members have. Perhaps they could have priority access to the meeting room on their side of the “office”. They’d also have smaller or different dedicated offices than maybe they envisioned.

Hmm.

Any ideas?

• Wayne Maceyka

HinesburgHUB (in development)

Hinesburg, VT

www.hinesburgHUB.com

Good idea!
FYI, building out office and meeting spaces cost the most $ upfront, but will realize the most $/mo in revenue.

Conversely, shared desks and cafe seats are the least $ upfront, the least $/mo in revenue, and the most $/sf in revenue.

Your architect should be able to balance these opposing economic factors.

…which means with shared desks, you can build the greatest quantity of members and therefore the most vibrant community.

JEROME CHANG

talk to us: (323) 330-9505

chat w/ us: http://www.BLANKSPACES.com/chat

WEST: Santa Monica | 1450 2nd St (@Broadway)

CENTRAL: Mid-Wilshire | 5405 Wilshire Blvd (2 blocks west of La Brea)

EAST: Downtown | 529 S. Broadway, Ste 4000 (@Pershing Square)

···

On Jun 11, 2017, at 6:40 PM, [email protected] wrote:

Hey there;

I’ve been working to get a coworking space off the ground for the past year or so. Recently, a new space popped back up on my radar screen as a possibility. As an architect models the potential layouts and member possibilities, I’m realizing something. If the building owners, who plan to inhabit a part of the space, were amenable to being members of the coworking space, or at least sharing the area they had reserved for them with the greater community, it would make the space work better for a variety of reasons, AND could benefit them with cross-pollination, innovation, etc.

So, they might not pay a membership, or a smaller fee, and have access to all the programming, snacks, coffee, etc. that the coworking members have. Perhaps they could have priority access to the meeting room on their side of the “office”. They’d also have smaller or different dedicated offices than maybe they envisioned.

Hmm.

Any ideas?

• Wayne Maceyka

HinesburgHUB (in development)

Hinesburg, VT

www.hinesburgHUB.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.