ADVICE: I'm going to an innovation in economic development conference next month

I’m going to the EcoDistrict Summit this September in Denver because I want to move coworking into cities that may not have coworking because it doesn’t make sense from a business perspective (meaning, it will break even but not pull in enough profit to motivate an entrepreneur from starting one). The coworking space can encourage remote working or freelancing in communities that may have hit hard times but people love living there. Coworking as an economic development tool encourages people to look for job opportunities outside of their immediate area but continue to live in the city they love. That’s my basic pitch and why I’m going.

I will have no problem approaching people and getting the chance to talk to economic development managers but I want to be ready to speak their language with the proper stats and emphasis what they are looking for. I know the business model numbers front and back, have plenty of coworking stats about happiness, performance, who uses coworking, etc.

What key stats do I need that would be important for economic development?

Is a single pager about coworking and my services to help coworking enter new cities enough?

What type of things are easier for cities to offer besides money?

Are there other key terms I should be centering around besides ‘placemaking’?

…anything else.

This is an exciting event for me because it’s the direction I think community coworking grow into and have a direct impact on a city.

I’m curious to hear from ED folks in this group about this; I’m putting together a survey for my clients to track impact and would love to know how to fine tune it so it can be as useful as possible in these contexts.

Tony

···

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 10:26 AM, Craig Baute - Creative Density Coworking [email protected] wrote:

I’m going to the EcoDistrict Summit this September in Denver because I want to move coworking into cities that may not have coworking because it doesn’t make sense from a business perspective (meaning, it will break even but not pull in enough profit to motivate an entrepreneur from starting one). The coworking space can encourage remote working or freelancing in communities that may have hit hard times but people love living there. Coworking as an economic development tool encourages people to look for job opportunities outside of their immediate area but continue to live in the city they love. That’s my basic pitch and why I’m going.

I will have no problem approaching people and getting the chance to talk to economic development managers but I want to be ready to speak their language with the proper stats and emphasis what they are looking for. I know the business model numbers front and back, have plenty of coworking stats about happiness, performance, who uses coworking, etc.

What key stats do I need that would be important for economic development?

Is a single pager about coworking and my services to help coworking enter new cities enough?

What type of things are easier for cities to offer besides money?

Are there other key terms I should be centering around besides ‘placemaking’?

…anything else.

This is an exciting event for me because it’s the direction I think community coworking grow into and have a direct impact on a city.

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.