A way to get free books for your library from O'Reilly

I’m doing a little bit of work with the team at O’Reilly Publishing (one of the biggest tech publishers in the world) and they just told me about their User Group promotions offer, and that Coworking spaces would definitely qualify.

If you run a user group, Meetup, professional association, or other technology group, O’Reilly’s User Group Program can provide you with:

• Review copies of O’Reilly, Microsoft Press, Pragmatic, No Starch, and SitePoint products
  • Donations of books and other promo items

We’re doing a few additional things with them that I’ll be able to share soon, but these seems like an awesome opportunity to start building a shared library in your coworking spaces so I thought I’d share. Some of the questions are a little bit weird for coworking spaces (their definition of a user group has evolved but the form hasn’t caught up).

Enjoy!

-Alex

Nice, going to give this a shot.

I used to be in contact with them in Europe years ago when I was part of different open source groups, if it’s still the same the deal is great and they are really really friendly people.

···

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 1:58 AM, Dustin Murphy [email protected] wrote:

Nice, going to give this a shot.

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Thomas Riboulet
+33 (0) 698 926 057

Very nice and thanks for sharing, this will be a perfect way to build our shared library some more!

Thanks,
Fabrizio

www.WorkFrontalLobe.com

···

On Monday, December 16, 2013 2:10:41 PM UTC-5, Alex Hillman wrote:

I’m doing a little bit of work with the team at O’Reilly Publishing (one of the biggest tech publishers in the world) and they just told me about their User Group promotions offer, and that Coworking spaces would definitely qualify.

If you run a user group, Meetup, professional association, or other technology group, O’Reilly’s User Group Program can provide you with:

• Review copies of O’Reilly, Microsoft Press, Pragmatic, No Starch, and SitePoint products

We’re doing a few additional things with them that I’ll be able to share soon, but these seems like an awesome opportunity to start building a shared library in your coworking spaces so I thought I’d share. Some of the questions are a little bit weird for coworking spaces (their definition of a user group has evolved but the form hasn’t caught up).

http://oreilly.com/ug

Enjoy!

-Alex

Nice, thanks !

···

On Monday, December 16, 2013 3:10:41 PM UTC-4, Alex Hillman wrote:

Enjoy!

-Alex

For your information :

Explanation of program benefits:

Review copies

O’Reilly offers free review copies of our books to qualified user groups. As the group contact, you may request a free review copy for your newsletter or web site. Requests for review copies MUST be submitted by you, as the contact of your group. If you wish for the review copy to be shipped to someone other than yourself, please supply the name, address and phone number of that person for shipment. Once a review of a book has been written, please send us a copy.

Discounts

Your group members are entitled to a 40% discount on print books or a 50% discount on ebooks purchased directly from O’Reilly. Information for placing an order is provided upon acceptance to the program. Your members are also entitled to a discount on O’Reilly conferences and tutorials. Other special discount offers may also be forwarded to your group from time to time.

Other benefits

In addition, we regularly donate books and other promotional items for raffles or auctions to help your group raise money or for meeting door prizes. Some of our authors are willing to speak at user group meetings–let us know if you are interested and well do what we can to help you arrange speakers.

We’ll also send you links to articles, tips, and news from the O’Reilly web site we think the topics may interest you.

What you can do for O’Reilly:

Post a banner to your web site.

Include our sponsorship information or book excerpts in your newsletter. We can provide logo art upon request.

Encourage your members to review our books and post the reviews on your group’s web site or newsletter, email list, or blog. Also encourage your members to post reviews online at Amazon, Slashdot, or anywhere else–and please pass a copy of your review along to me.

Steve

MartiniqueWorkatjelly.com

···

On Monday, December 16, 2013 3:10:41 PM UTC-4, Alex Hillman wrote:

Enjoy!

-Alex